Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jetter help

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    Jobs worked great. But I used my 18 gpm warthog instead.

Brand new referral from an unfamilar plumber. House sitting 20' elevated above street level. Carpet roots from the 56' mark to 74' mark. All 6" with no water flowing past 74'. City main 85' . Needed to use my 4f6r 1/2" nozzle to blast a hole through the mass. Then cut all the roots blanketing the 6" line for at least 18'. Camera and jet to it was 99% spotless. Owner was thrilled and now I have a new unknown plumber to thank.

Second job, I was already setup with the 1/2" hose and nozzle.

3/8" is sitting pretty in the trailer.

Rick.
    Boooooo,,,, I mean yeah. I'm sure I would have done the same thing with that mess, that is if I had 18gpm 4kpsi. Did you use all 18,,,, and can you throttle down to say 14 and still get 4kpsi. I wish I had a big jetter

Comment

all 18 gpm. if i drop the gpm, the psi goes down unless i use a smaller jetted nozzle.

remember with a house sitting a good 20 above the street and the sewer another 6' below the sidewalk. you get tremendous head pressure helping to keep a bad sewer open.

this was as bad as it gets and still working. 56'-74' was packed and 74' was plugged. finally cut through and got to the city main in the center of the street at 85'. 2 hours of jetting and camera work to clean up years and years of growth. had it been street level, this would have been plugged years ago.

yes, higher gpm will cut faster, but it also makes for a real tug of war. try pulling 85' of hose uphill under full flow and pressure.

would have been interesting to use a smaller machine and see how long it takes.

still waiting for some more show nozzles.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

remember with a house sitting a good 20 above the street and the sewer another 6' below the sidewalk. you get tremendous head pressure helping to keep a bad sewer open. ...
        had it been street level, this would have been plugged years ago.
        yes! it amazes me what a crazy mess of roots sewage will strain through before the line shows a problem when the house sits up high. real long lines restricted at the end will put up with a lot also.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

all 18 gpm. if i drop the gpm, the psi goes down unless i use a smaller jetted nozzle.

remember with a house sitting a good 20 above the street and the sewer another 6' below the sidewalk. you get tremendous head pressure helping to keep a bad sewer open.

this was as bad as it gets and still working. 56'-74' was packed and 74' was plugged. finally cut through and got to the city main in the center of the street at 85'. 2 hours of jetting and camera work to clean up years and years of growth. had it been street level, this would have been plugged years ago.

yes, higher gpm will cut faster, but it also makes for a real tug of war. try pulling 85' of hose uphill under full flow and pressure.

would have been interesting to use a smaller machine and see how long it takes.

still waiting for some more show nozzles.

rick.
          2 hours for that much is good.. I would have been there much much much longer with my machine.
          Tug of war? How about a come along with a remote hose reel.
          I was out yesterday 112 ft through 5-6 turns with root ranger and had to shut down to pull back, this with 6gpm 4kpsi.
          My last 3 jobs have been over 100ft at problem, and just past 100ft with 4 turns plus and jetter hose in makes pushing the camera back and forth a pain. I'm to impatient to run water and wait for it to subside.
          Anyway thanks for the post. Now please use that shiny new warthog and share your findings.

Comment

Working...
          X