X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter help

Honda gx690 5000 psi @ 5.5 gpm 200'-300' of 3/8" feed hose and 200' of 1/4" hose reel.

I have a big trailer jet and Im looking to have an every day carry vs trailer.

Is there a better van set up you would recommend?
    Best nozzles for this set up?
    Will a warthog work with this set up.

Main focus is small lines up to 6".
    Lots of 4"-6"

Sorry I haven't posted in a long time but have constantly been a reader.

Re: Jetter help

pretty much exactly what i use daily. 3/8" warthog (the wt one that has been around for a decade or so, not the newer one that is, well, meh) will work nice with proper sized orifices. I run .035 in the sides and .017 in the front. you might have to play with orifice size to get it dialed to your set up (hose, hose size, hose length).
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

just purchased a new wt 3/8'' warthog from allan j coleman in chicago. shane set it up for my 4018. should push out approx 12 gpm max. with the 3/8'' hose at 300' max. length. i believe it has .057 rears and a .031 front.

the high speed 3/8 warthog has been a disappointment and was discontinued by stoneage.

shane made sure to double check the specs and size it per the factory recommendation.

give him a call with your specs and he will set you up properly. of course since alex/ ace has done all his homework, then suggest those numbers to shane and see where you are. i think alex runs at 4000 psi. so your jets will be slightly different.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        just purchased a new wt 3/8'' warthog from allan j coleman in chicago. shane set it up for my 4018. should push out approx 12 gpm max. with the 3/8'' hose at 300' max. length. i believe it has .057 rears and a .031 front.

the high speed 3/8 warthog has been a disappointment and was discontinued by stoneage.

shane made sure to double check the specs and size it per the factory recommendation.

give him a call with your specs and he will set you up properly. of course since alex/ ace has done all his homework, then suggest those numbers to shane and see where you are. i think alex runs at 4000 psi. so your jets will be slightly different.

rick.
        Rick, did you forget to mention the root ranger? Also I find it I interesting you ordered a warthog w/ a 12gpm output when you can get 18. I would love to know why.
        Batson warthog works nicely but doesn't blow you away with the major root blockages at these specs... I got 6 gpm 4k and had to put on the root ranger to finish off a root clearing today. But really enjoy my warthog. Used it to get line cleared first. Good luck.

Comment

robert. i finally wore out my original 3/8'' warthog nozzle. the new model has carbide buttons to help reduce wear on the head. the 3/8'' models are maxed out at 12gpm and so is the hose.

my 1/2'' warthogs tha are jetted for 18gpm don't get used as much as the 1/2'' hose is not as forgiving through multiple bends i encounter from 3''-6'' pipe and 3 and 4'' cleanouts. plus i have 3- 1/2'' warthogs, so i'm pretty good on inventory.

my rootrangers do get more use and are a lot more agressive, cost less and pull better. plus they can run on a smaller jetter than a warthog.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick. So you can't push more than 12gpm through a 3/8 house no matter what?
            What if the first 150ft (coming out of the reel) were 3/8 and the 2nd 150 ft were 1/2. Say a little reducer coupling splicing them together. How does the math work on that? Or say 100ft X 2 respectfully? Smile

Comment

The first 150' with 3/8" hose followed by 1/2" hose would only help with pressure drop. Still the 3/8" wt nozzle I have is only rated for 8-12 gpm. Its engraved into the body.

12 gpm through 3/8" hose is at the highest end of flow and pressure drop too.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

The first 150' with 3/8" hose followed by 1/2" hose would only help with pressure drop. Still the 3/8" wt nozzle I have is only rated for 8-12 gpm. Its engraved into the body.

12 gpm through 3/8" hose is at the highest end of flow and pressure drop too.

Rick.
                What do you mean....... highest end of pressure drop too,,,,,, I understand highest end of gpm, smile,,,
                One more question, why is the sky blue? Haha

Comment

according to my charts, 3/8'' hose is rated for 9gpm at approx. a 2.75 psi drop per foot at 9 gpm.

while 1/2'' hose will flow 9 gpm with approx . 875 psi drop at 9 gpm.

the sky is blue is because we live in so. calif. and it was sunny about mid 80's today

any other simple to answer questions

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

1/8'' is good for approx 2 gpm. and will have approx 6-7 psi drop per foot.

you would be better off with 3/16''- 1/4'' hose. you're bypassing way too much water and loosing too much psi.

1/4'' is a 6-8 gpm with a 3 psi per foot loss

3/8'' - is 7-10 gpm with a 2 psi loss per foot

1/2'' is 10-18 gpm with 1.5 psi loss per foot.

rick.
                    Here is an answer you gave over 2 years ago.
                    My question to you kind sir, it says 10gpm with 3/8, but in a previous post here you said you should be able to push 12gpm with a 3/8 hose. And your chart is for 9gpm.
                    I know there is a good answer I just don't know it and my inquiring mind wants to know.
                    Is there a thread or an article you can suggest I read to get up to speed.
                    Thanks Rick.
                    Fyi Batson you were in that thread I was referring to above, smile.

Comment

i originally specked out a 10 gpm nozzle. but then shane called me and had me return the nozzle before i ever opened it. they wanted to send me a 12gpm as specked out by stoneage/ warthog. so i listened to them and will be using it on 2 jobs tomorrow.

12 gpm is really pushing the limits of the hose. so we'll see if it works, pulls and is impressive. otherwise a jet insert swap will be needed.

my hose flow charts list 1/8'' , 3/16'', 1/4'', 3/8'' and 1/2'' with flows and pressure drops.

my piranha chart and us jetting numbers don't necessarily jive. piranha numbers are posted on their site.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

i originally specked out a 10 gpm nozzle. but then shane called me and had me return the nozzle before i ever opened it. they wanted to send me a 12gpm as specked out by stoneage/ warthog. so i listened to them and will be using it on 2 jobs tomorrow.

12 gpm is really pushing the limits of the hose. so we'll see if it works, pulls and is impressive. otherwise a jet insert swap will be needed.

my hose flow charts list 1/8'' , 3/16'', 1/4'', 3/8'' and 1/2'' with flows and pressure drops.

my piranha chart and us jetting numbers don't necessarily jive. piranha numbers are posted on their site.

rick.
                        Thanks Rick, I appreciate it. So are you going to do a bucket test and see if you get 12gpm.
                        Or are you that good and seasoned that you can tell you with just pull etc. or??
                        Thanks again.

Comment

actually it's shane at allan coleman and stoneage that have numbers based on my machine. 4018 pump running 300' of 3/8'' jet hose. my original request was approx 10 gpm so it didn't max out my hose and pressure drop.

i hate to use my 1/2'' hose in 4'' with too many turns and 18 gpm is a lot of blow back.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I'm dying to know how this worked out for you,, please share,

Comment

Jobs worked great. But I used my 18 gpm warthog instead.

Brand new referral from an unfamilar plumber. House sitting 20' elevated above street level. Carpet roots from the 56' mark to 74' mark. All 6" with no water flowing past 74'. City main 85' . Needed to use my 4f6r 1/2" nozzle to blast a hole through the mass. Then cut all the roots blanketing the 6" line for at least 18'. Camera and jet to it was 99% spotless. Owner was thrilled and now I have a new unknown plumber to thank.

Second job, I was already setup with the 1/2" hose and nozzle.

3/8" is sitting pretty in the trailer.

Rick.
                              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-15-2013, 12:21 AM.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X