Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid K380 Cable Repair Help

Hi everyone,

I need help on fixing my broken Ridgid K380 drain machine cable that I brought from Home Depot many years ago. When I was using it, I broke the attachment end. Now I can’t attach any cutter attachment to the cable. A new cable is 1/3 of the cost for a K400 at Home Depot. How can I fix the the cable? Can a professional welding shop weld them back together? I read that people use cable splice to join them back. Where could I find the cable splice and how it looks likes? I am in the Los Angeles area.

Thanks for the helps,

Attachment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by exc3ll3nts; 03-14-2013, 12:57 AM.

Re: Ridgid K380 Cable Repair Help

Try part number 91037. Its a repair end for 3/8" integeral wound cable.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

this is a different company but the process is the same on how to do it, attaching the coupling or the splice on the cable, all the weld is for is to keep the end from unscrewing a full weld may actually weaken the cable as for the most part there only a good spot weld,
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BHD; 03-14-2013, 10:53 AM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Since you're in la. Give J.M. Mckinney a call. They can fix it locally and get you up and running.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation Plumber Rick. I have fixed the cable at J.M. Mckinney for a cheap price. It is much better than buying the supply myself and doing it on my own.

Comment

Working...
          X