Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nozzle help for jetter

Hi,

I'm new to the jetting world and I am running a 9GPM @3500 psi at the machine with 3/8" line. I encountered a 6" line yesterday completely blocked with roots, I couldn't make it another inch. I know the root ranger destroys roots but what about it lacking front jets? This video is labeled root ranger but I don't think it is. Could anyone identify this nozzle?

So what are the nozzles you guys are using? I was going to order a warthog but the nozzle in the video looks like it will create a path through any roots I would encounter around here.

I know this subject has probably been beat to death but I just wanted to post it here quick so I can order some new nozzles instead of doing hours of research. Thanks for the help.

Re: Nozzle help for jetter

Can't see the link on my tablet

But you have good specs. The root ranger will destroy roots, but not until you can get the rear rotor to the roots.

For me, either a fiberglass rod and turbine nozzle pushed into the mass. Or a 4forward, 6 rear 1/2" nozzle to blow a hole. Also have a 3f, 6r 3/8" nozzle, but not near as agressive as the 1/2" nozzle.

The fiberglass rod trick is working well for a few of us locals.

Can you copy and paste the link for my tablet.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Go to https://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t42350-16/ and read posts 155-157 for fiberglass pushrod technique if a penetrator nozzle doesn't work. Good luck.

Comment

yr vid looks like the turbo nozzle from a rr on the end of a pw wand. there is a rr with a front jet. there is a double ended rr. I tend to do something, other nozzle, cable, what have you, to get into the line and then switch to rr and work it thru.
        Last edited by Ace Sewer; 03-15-2013, 07:23 PM.
        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

it's your typical turbine/ rotary nozzle. 0 degree impact with a rotary path of between 15- 25 degrees. needs to be sized based on your specs. but remember for every action, there is an equal and opposite action that nozzle facing forward will need a push rod to push it forward. a few of us already do this.

lots of work to move forward, but nothing will stand in its path. including fingers and skin believe me.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks again rick, but could you give me a little more help?

Where can I find those nozzles like the turbine and the 3 front 6 rear... jetters edge or jetter depot? Also could you throw up a link for that rod that you use to push nozzles downstream?

From your first reply to me it looks like you already use that turbine nozzle from the video to blow a hole through the mass and then the root ranger to finish the job. Correct?

Comment

Any pressure washer company will sell turbo/ rotary nozzles. Cheap ones are $35.00. Expensive ones are $100.00 plus.

The fiberglass push rods are expensive. $600-$1000. Plus. But if you're careful and know what you're doing, your camera will work too as a push rod and camera.

Read some of the current jetting threads and you see results.

If the line is really packed or I need to blow everything forward, then i'll use my rod and turbo. Followed by the rootranger and or warthog.

Once you establish flow, then it's a basic cleaning without worries of blowback.

Upstream jetting is the best way to jet, but the most difficult and potentially dangerous too.

Rick.
              Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-15-2013, 10:33 PM.
              phoebe it is

Comment

what size diameter for the rod? How do you attach the nozzle?

Comment

i have 1/4'', 5/16'' and 3/8''. the 3/8'' is very stiff and good for straight 4'' and larger. tuff on 4'' with turns.

1/4'' or 5/16'' is a better choice for residential.

attach with either plenty of tape or hose clamp nozzle and connector to rod.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

try,,,, pushpullrods.com ,,,, ask her if she still has some used 1/4 inch she will give you a break on. (its in good shape,,800 ft were returned to her, this was a month plus ago, she might cut it up, her business is in so ca.) i have the http://www.pushpullrods.com/Merchant...ategory_Code=R
                    like rick said if you got bends in 4inch 3/8 is tough. mine works fine.
                    Last edited by theplungerman; 03-16-2013, 12:55 AM.

Comment

or until you got the money or time, you can tape it to your main line cable, that is if you have one.

Comment

Thanks plungerman and Rick.

Has anyone used the double ended root ranger from the jetters edge? It seems like a good idea. Any thoughts on that instead of using a turbo/RR combo?

Comment

i dont know maybe rick does,,,, 9gpm sounds like enough,,, it would work i think, 3.5 front 4.5back, dont know just guessing

Comment

don't own 1 yet, but i wouldn't put more than 25% up front if you still want it to pull hose downstream.

for me a #4 front and #12 in the rear.with still 2gpm left for fun.

that will blast through just about anything and still motor down the line.

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                              it's your typical turbine/ rotary nozzle. 0 degree impact with a rotary path of between 15- 25 degrees. needs to be sized based on your specs. but remember for every action, there is an equal and opposite action that nozzle facing forward will need a push rod to push it forward. a few of us already do this.

lots of work to move forward, but nothing will stand in its path. including fingers and skin believe me.

rick.
                              you didnt hurt yourself ,,,,,hope your ok,,,,,omg i only see 3 fingers holding that milkshake

Comment

Working...
                              X