Drain cleaning question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drain cleaning question

I have a question for all you drain techs.
    If you were just starting a drain cleaning business and had to make a choice of cable machines OR jetters what would you choose if you could only have one or the other and price was not a consideration.
    Thanks for your thoughts,
    Donald

Re: Drain cleaning question

Silly question really. You cant have a decent drain cleaning business without both. Its not an either/or issue. If price was not a consideration then you need both. If cost comes into play then cable only. There are places where jetting isn't practical.

Comment

It'd be pointless not to have both here. A cable is best for some things and more convenient for others, but w/o a jetter I'd spend a lot of time on jobs I can't do because they are frozen.
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

before jetters, we did everyting with a snake. and before snakes, we did everything with a rod or a shovel, wrench.

if you only had 1 machine the answer would be a cable and that would be a k-60 what else would you have expected

read the section on the k-60's and you'll have your answer.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

The machine that serviced me well from 1976 on was my trusty Ridgid KM-1500 as jetters back then were large cumbersome truck mounted machines and were far and in between and only the large plumbing companies could afford them jetters today have there place but I`m bias towards cable machines as you cannot teach this old dog new tricks

Tony

Comment

If you want my answer to your question only rather than considering all other things then I always prefer cables because at some places jetters are not practical to use.

Comment

you couldn't run a drain cleaning business without cable machines.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses. The consensus is what I expected, a combination of both is ideal.
                I am a tool junkie and like to dabble in many things, including doing my own drain maintenance.
                I was having a discussion with several people, one of who worked for a local drain cleaning company and one who currently working for a full service plumbing company and the discussion turned to equipment, thus the question.

Comment

Working...
                X