X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home made jetter troubles

Hello not sure if I should do a intro or not but I'm haveing some jetter troubles and I was hoping someone may be able to help me out. I bought a comet hw3540 pump and I put a14 hp Briggs motor on it this pump calls for 3.5 gpm at 4000 psi I also have 100 ft of 1/4 hose on it with a nozzle from jetter depo designed for my specs on the pump but what is happening is when I turn the water supply on to full pressure it kills my motor and really lugs it down until it stalls I have made several calls with no help from cometpumpson this problem only thing I haven't changed is the unloader valve everything else is brand new motor hose nozzels. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Home made jetter troubles

Just guessing for now until someone who knows answers.
    Are your rpm's high enough when you load full water? Do you have a tach to tell you ? The engine doesn't produce it's hp until a set rpm, I think 3600 is a magic number ,,,, The engines power rating, 14 hp should work according to the psi X gpm /1100.
    Last edited by theplungerman; 03-18-2013, 11:32 PM.

Comment

First, is your engine warmed up before you put it on a load?

Is your unloader return piped properly?

Try without a nozzle first.

Also double check your unloader setting. Might be too high. Try reducing the spring tension.

Post some photos of the setup, especially the unloader piping.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Like Rick Said, try it with no nozzle on the hose and tell us if it bogs out.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
          Like Rick Said, try it with no nozzle on the hose and tell us if it bogs out.
          But not what Robert said?? , how about, maybe like Robert said probably what rick said??
          Just kidding, have a nice day.

Comment

overpressure; blocked nozzle, unloader plumbed in wrong, too small of nozzle, something else blocking pump discharge.

"when I turn the water supply on to full" what? why wouldn't the water supply be fully open any time you are running the machine? what do you mean by this, exactly? this is a strange comment that makes me think you've got things put together in a way that won't work, or that you are turning some valve that you think does something else but in fact blocks the pump outlet and you are closing, not opening it.
            This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

good comments alex. but i think he was a 1 hit wonder.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
              X