X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An email from a satisfied new jetting customer

so today i get an email from a new customer that i saw last week with a serious sewer problem. i hinted about the job on another thread last week.

the customer got my name from another plumber they use, problem was i didn't know that plumber. customer calls and asks about hydrojetting his main. of course all the important details are missing. such as the house sits about 20' elevated above the street and it's packed with roots from the 56' mark to the 74' mark and standing water from 74' and beyond. i quoted him a 2 hour job with camera before and after.

show up to find a 4'' cleanout at the house and already white spray paint from the sidewalk out. i defiantly was not the first guy there. run my camera and see the line is carpeted with roots so bad that i had to use my mini seesnake with no spacer ball. 6'' main from the 56' sidewalk spot out to the center of the street city connection at 85'. used my 1/2'' 4f63 18gpm nozzle to blast a hole through the mass of roots to allow it to drain. then went to town on it with my 1/2'' warthog nozzle.

2 hours later i have a 99%+ spotless line with a before and after dvd for the customer.

today i get this email from the customer after they watched my dvd.

pretty easy to continue to build new customers without spending money advertising. the customers do the advertising for me.

rick.

Rick:

I just want to thank you for your true professionalism and thoroughness in helping us out with our main sewer line.

I watched the DVD and it was very educational and I must say, I am quite impressed with how much the hydrojetting cleared away. Wow!

I will definitely have you back next March/April to hydro jet again - but here's my question - do I need to still snake the line as well? NO
    Last edited by PLUMBER RICK; 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM.
    phoebe it is

Re: An email from a satisfied new jetting customer

It's nice when a customer acknowledges you. Especially when you saved their bacon. You make honest plumbers proud. Good job.

Comment

I'm guessing an old clay line? Or just found one hole and the roots made it a new home? In a case like this, is it cheaper to continue jetting the line yearly to keep it clear over lining the line or repairing the area the roots are infiltrating the line? I'm just curious, as I'm not a drain cleaner or plumber, but I just like to learn on topics like this so that if I run into situations I know the answer and steer my customers in the right direction if so asked and whom to contact.

Comment

Correct alpha. A liner would require digging up the 6x4 connection and that would be in a raised planter/ retaining wall. Probably 10-12' deep. As it's 6'deep at the sidewalk.

They've lived there 15 years and never really maintained the line. Just snaked when it was backed up. Of course, by the time it backs up 20' head, you've got a nasty stoppage.

Now with a video and understanding of the line, it will be a simple jetting only job. Especially since the first 54' is abs pipe installed before their time.

Don't worry alpha, we'll make a plumber out of you before long. Especially after your post a couple days ago

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I have a great plumber, even sings songs to the customers! Honestly, my customers love the guy, its gotta be the glue! I mean, what man, 6' 5", 225lbs gets a red plumbers wrench tattooed above his butt crack... LOL! He's a hoot and really good. I don't need to replace him!

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
            Rick, I have a great plumber, even sings songs to the customers! Honestly, my customers love the guy, its gotta be the glue! I mean, what man, 6' 5", 225lbs gets a red plumbers wrench tattooed above his butt crack... LOL! He's a hoot and really good. I don't need to replace him!
            Now we're worried about You ! Stop looking at His RED WRENCH !
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              Now we're worried about You ! Stop looking at His RED WRENCH !
              I actually haven't seen it. But the story of him showing his wife was a hoot! She was pretty pissed. He got it one day after having a few with his buddies, and iirc, they dared him to do it, so he did.

Comment

Working...
              X