X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question , hydro jetting service contracts

Got a chance to bid on jetting 6 restaurants 3 times a year. He likes my work, did some rooter service for him in the past... Each one has 4 to 6 floor drains, not sure how much to charge per restaurant. Owner said he was paying $300.00 each. Could be B.S. Not sure what the going rate is, any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Sewer Rat

Re: question , hydro jetting service contracts

Forget the costs....how are you providing any type of value to his restaurant by going with a PM?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Just trying to figure out what would you guys charge ? I just bought a JNW jetter and am still new to the game. Figure It will take about 3 hrs each job. $300.00 seems cheap to me. Whats a PM, by the way ?

Comment

3 hours in and out is long. Traps are difficult and hard on the hoses. Are there cleanouts to go through?

You need to sch. As many locations you can do in a day before they start cooking.

If gou can nock out 3 jobs before they start, then you can make some money. If you need to sch. Each 1 separate, it doesn't pay.

When I jet, I try to sch. 3 jobs. But then again I'm towing in la traffic and want to get a days worth of work before I return back and store my jetter.

Pm= preventative maintenance , contract.

Are you keeping the jetter on the truck full time?

You might find that the last guy used a small electric portable jetter and that wont clean as good, but is faster to setup inside and get going.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

This is what I mean....are you giving some guarantee that if it backs up between cleaning you'll clean it free or the guy gets top priority or you'll do the work after normal working hours so it doesn't disturb the customers, etc. If the only thing you're doing is giving him a price, then he'll just go with whoever is cheapest.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Hey Rat, tell me who he is, I'll cold call him about hydro service, hit him high, then you call him soon at after that with your desired amount. Which from what I know so far to be about (this is a min amount) 175 hr for jetting.(min 2 hrs)
            From the few plumbers I've asked so far this is the min.
            100 hr is good but not with your machine.
            I say 350 min, work 2hr each time.
            Ask him about his problem lines, concentrate on those, blow through the ones that seem easy. Do this over time and within a year you can get him back to more like new condition.
            Tell him your a licensed plumbing contractor with many tens of thousands of dollars invested. And 100 hr for hydro jetting is ridiculous. And if the wrong group of plumbers found out you were doing it for that cheap. They would open up a can of whoop *** on you.
            Last edited by theplungerman; 03-27-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Those are some good ideas, I am going to stop over and try to find out if the other plumber was just using a little jetter, and check for clean outs. Its hard to turn down some extra money in this economy. Fuel ain't cheap, I think he's bsing me about the price. $350 seems fair for 2 hrs.

Comment

Unrelated but is there some law in California that restaurants have to jet their sewers? Reason I'm asking is b/c a lot of the research I've been doing tells me there are a lot of jetting contractors there. Just curious

Comment

No law. Remember calif is a big state, big poulation. Jetting contracts can be lucrative and big money makers for the company. If you can keep a jetter busy 5 days a week, that's big money.

I use mine 1, 2 times a week for multiple jobs. Not bad for a 1 man band.

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                  X