X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60 added to equipment arsenal

Running a "auger" as a cutter, I'm assuming it just rips at the roots, which I can see it doing, but what I'm wondering is how do you keep the roots from matting up on the cable?
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

they will ball up in the open wind of the cable. some will stay and others will be washed off when the line opens. also the high speed rotation will fling off the loose roots. running forwards and reverse will also knock them off.

i've never been stuck where i couldn't get my cable out of the sewer. even when clearing a 4'' main from a 1.5'' c/o and 6'' lines from a 2'' c/o. the root mass is broken up and spun off. it works very very good.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        The one time I got stuck was in the roots that were 2' past the city tie in. The reverse auger threaded in quick, was stuck before I knew it. I torqued on the cable and had it flip directions about 3 times before I brought the jetter out. The cable itself showed no damage at from the torque.
        I have had that happen with a straight auger on the 1.25" cable. I first always run a General spear tip or my trusty 1.75" 4 blade that has been bent into a gnarly spear. Gets the line open and flowing nearly every time on first pass. Much less chance of getting stuck and still has cable behind it to grab at the roots.

Comment

Originally posted by indeepinchicago View Post
          Good day Forum Members!
          I have finally used my K-60 on a 4 inch interior basement clay line.
          Very easy to carry in and out of basement, easy to use, fast feeding into line.
          Unfortunately didn't open the drain. The pipe is broken, brought back enough clay to make pottery.
          So far I am happy with my purchase.
          Good looking profile picture. May I ask where you got your Ro-pump from?
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
            Good looking profile picture. May I ask where you got your Ro-pump from?
            Allied Plumbing Supply (773-545-5492) on Irving Park Ave. by Oak Park Ave. in Chicago.
            I checked with Rothenberger here in Illinois for inventory then had Dan with Allied order it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              The cable is rotating counter clockwise/ reverse rotation.

It's a very agressive cutter/ auger. It's a long continuous screw auger. So when cutting into roots, take bites in and out. Let the cable cut and tear. Don't grind down on a 6' long section of roots.

Running in the clockwise/ forward rotation will help to back off the auger from the roots, stoppage and out the drain.

Keep in mind, reverse rotation will cause the cable to feed into the line and forward will cause it to retrieve from the line.

A spiral rootsaw is my first go to cutter. The rra is my geterdone cutter when nothing else worked or fits. Its never let me down.

Rick.

I will have to Macgyver one of these Ricky broken cable wonder bits to my Spartan 300, Spartan 100, K-45AF & Eel cable. This will save my customers thousands of $$$ for the few jobs a year I get that have to be dug up/replaced.

ThanX Rick !!!

Comment

Unless you have an open wind cable, it won't be anywhere near as effective as my sectional reverse leader with a high speed machine.

A slower drum machine with a bent tight wind cable might still open a drain, but will not clean or cut roots like the open wind sectional cable and machine.

It's just simple physics. Nothing else.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                X