X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 added to equipment arsenal

After reading rave reviews about the K-60 I've finally taken delivery of one with the 7/8 " cable kit and an additional 5/8 " cable kit for long kitchen lines.

Thanks to all for comments/input that help make me a better drain cleaner.

Re: K-60 added to equipment arsenal

Read old post and ask questions. You'll be up to speed in no time.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

welcome to the k-60 club,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,indeepinchicago,,,,,,,i have been using the k-60 since mid-january,,,,,so i am a new-bee,,,,,i have had 38 out of 39 successful drain cleanings w/k-60 so far mostly 6'' clay sewers w roots,,,,,,,lost my first cutter head today,,,,,,the guys on the forum warned me about the funnel auger being weak and breaking,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,they were right,,,,,,,snapped right off ,,,,,plumber rick recommends the lead 15ft cable be innercore cable not the standard open wind,,,,,,,and the go to cutter for roots is the spiral root saw,,,,,there are many other great tips on the forum,,,,keep reading,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

No worries cheesehead.

Its time for the rick reverse auger. Do you have a section of 7/8" cable you want to sacrifice? If so you can make an auger that will never break and clears everything.

Cut off the first 6" of tight wind cable on the female end. This will give you 14' 6" of sectional cable with a male coupler. The reason why I use the male is so that you still have a rear cable for the long runs. If you had the female end, then the cable is only a front cable, never a rear extension cable.

Heat the end orange and bend out like a hook. Oil cool it and then reheat slighty to anneal it. put a 45 bend on the last few inches and this will flex to scrape the inside walls. Run thix zs the lead cable with thd motor running in reverse. It will want to feed into the line, so be careful. This has been my get it done auger when nothing else will fit or open the line. Its a giant corkscrew.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

RICKS REVERSE AUGER,,,,,,,,,,,,,best tip of all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,good explanation plumber rick,,,,,,,,,,,

Comment

My bad, I shouldn't come home with a belly full & read about the reverse auger it gets me wound up
            Last edited by AssTyme; 03-28-2013, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
              Really plumber Ricky..........??? Why haven't you patented this almighty self proclaimed broken cable "rick reverses auger" of you'rs ??? If you are in fact the true inventor of this broken down junk yard cable (yeah right) and it is as good as you say should you not be retired by now, no ???

I think you & you're silly azz milkshake are a little light on your slippers...................
              If I wanted to profit, I wouldn't be giving the idea away. Unlike you, I don't live for money. I enjoy the work and the fix. So much so that unlike you, ive been at it for 37 years as my only career.

Amazing how everytime a praise comes out on the k60, you cry foul. Maybe us with decades more experiance know a little more about drains machines, drain cleaning and plumbing than a newcomer without a plumbing license.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                Really plumber Ricky..........??? Why haven't you patented this almighty self proclaimed broken cable "rick reverses auger" of you'rs ??? If you are in fact the true inventor of this broken down junk yard cable (yeah right) and it is as good as you say should you not be retired by now, no ???

I think you & you're silly azz milkshake are a little light on your slippers...................
                Rick's profit need not be cash. The profit is knowing he helped out another brother in need.
                ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Welcome to the club you will not regret your purchase mine hasn't let me down yet..I haven't done the reverse auger yet but its always in the back of my head... I might just have to sacrifice a length I do have 150' of 7/8 can probably won't regret it.. just keep your cables clean and be ready for a quick learning curve there is so much valuable knowledge on here just don't let a certain members critical opinion of the machine he has never used bug you to much... Yes he will put it down every page of every thread that mentions the k 60 or k silly has he likes to refer to it has. Ps we all know he has one but is what we call a k closet case..

Comment

If anyone is interested there are a few MORE of these things for sale on the DCD forum that come with cable and cutters.
                    Last edited by AssTyme; 03-29-2013, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Good day Forum Members!
                      I have finally used my K-60 on a 4 inch interior basement clay line.
                      Very easy to carry in and out of basement, easy to use, fast feeding into line.
                      Unfortunately didn't open the drain. The pipe is broken, brought back enough clay to make pottery.
                      So far I am happy with my purchase.

Comment

The k60 is a miracle machine

Not a miracle maker

Glad you enjoy it. Hopefully as much as me

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          No worries cheesehead.

Its time for the rick reverse auger. Do you have a section of 7/8" cable you want to sacrifice? If so you can make an auger that will never break and clears everything.

Cut off the first 6" of tight wind cable on the female end. This will give you 14' 6" of sectional cable with a male coupler. The reason why I use the male is so that you still have a rear cable for the long runs. If you had the female end, then the cable is only a front cable, never a rear extension cable.

Heat the end orange and bend out like a hook. Oil cool it and then reheat slighty to anneal it. put a 45 bend on the last few inches and this will flex to scrape the inside walls. Run thix zs the lead cable with thd motor running in reverse. It will want to feed into the line, so be careful. This has been my get it done auger when nothing else will fit or open the line. Its a giant corkscrew.

Rick.
                          So you run the cable backwards. What happens if you get the cable stuck? Anyway for it unscrew? I just got a K60, so I'm trying to keep my option open with it.
                          Will Rogers Plumbing
                          Moore, Oklahoma
                          (
                          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

The cable is rotating counter clockwise/ reverse rotation.

It's a very agressive cutter/ auger. It's a long continuous screw auger. So when cutting into roots, take bites in and out. Let the cable cut and tear. Don't grind down on a 6' long section of roots.

Running in the clockwise/ forward rotation will help to back off the auger from the roots, stoppage and out the drain.

Keep in mind, reverse rotation will cause the cable to feed into the line and forward will cause it to retrieve from the line.

A spiral rootsaw is my first go to cutter. The rra is my geterdone cutter when nothing else worked or fits. Its never let me down.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

The one time I got stuck was in the roots that were 2' past the city tie in. The reverse auger threaded in quick, was stuck before I knew it. I torqued on the cable and had it flip directions about 3 times before I brought the jetter out. The cable itself showed no damage at from the torque.
                              Attached Files
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                              X