K-60 or K-750

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: K-60 or K-750

So what should one expect to pay for a second hand k60?

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
      Yes it's for building drains, but I feel it is the best machine you can buy.

I'd like to add a mid range machine for the jobs that are too large for the Model N, yet the Model C or GO 68HD is not needed. Thought about the K-60, but if it is anything like the K-50, then I'll pass. K-50 wasn't my cup of tea. NOt a bad machine, I just didn't like it. GO 62 is probably what I'll get.
      The GO62 has always intrigued me. I bought some enclosed 21" reels that fit the GO62 to try on my GO68HD, thinking they'd slide right through bathroom doors, but I forgot about the wheel width on the GO68HD. I had to slide the drive plate up closer to the end of the shaft to account for the shallow receiver in the GO62 reels. Now, they're sitting in the shop waiting for a GO62 to come rescue them.

When you go looking for your GO62, contact Western Drain, Western Drain Supply , they sell Gorlitz cheaper than Gorlitz.

Comment

Originally posted by crearly View Post
        So what should one expect to pay for a second hand k60?

Scrap +10%.

Comment

The K-60 is too undersized for sewers around here. Most of our sewers, start off 4" CI for the building drain, and once outside in the building sewer, it gets into 6" clay. The building drain can be anywhere from 10' to 50' in length, and the building sewer from 45' to 100' long. I ran 7/8" sections in my Rothenberger for a while and thought it was awesome. Only hade to carry two rands to have a 150' of cable, seemed to do a great job. But one day I got into a tight root blockage and the cable turned around on itself in the 6" line. That was the last time I ever ran 7/8" cable. Now its is 1 1/4" cable for sectional cable for doing building drains and sewers, or 3/4" drum.

As for a mess tarps are a huge help when dealing with the larger cables. I always got the disposable ones that remind me of table cloths, soft and absorbent on one side with a light plastic on the other. I just added the cloths to the bill. The K-50 in most cases I can clean the cable in the sink line I was rodding. I have gotten a Model N a while back, and that has been my go to machine now. I carry 50' in a drum and have another 50' in a rand for those longer runs.

As to the question of the OP, the K-60 and the K-750 are worlds apart.

The K-60 is good for 1 1/2" to 4" lines and very short runs of 6" lines. The K-60 can spin two cable sizes the 5/8" which will do the 1 1/2" to 2" lines with ease, it can clear soft stoppages in 3" lines as well. And the 7/8" cable can do 3" to 4" line stoppages with ease, and soft stoppages in longer 6" lines.

The K-750 is more a larger line machine it can do 3" to 8" lines with 3/4" cable. It does a great job on tough stoppages too. Thing is, its more of a base machine which I wouldn't recommend to someone that has not used a mainline drum machine that much. There are things that can get you into trouble. The main one is the lack of an inner drum. If you are not careful, the cable can exit the drum between the distribution arm and the drum, which can hurt if you don't catch it fast enough. The other problem is again lacking an inner drum the cable can knot up in the drum if you over do it with torque, or if the distribution arm does not turn freely. One other issue is the autofeed, if not maintained on a regular basis it is a real bear to fix. If you where going to go with a drum machine and want a Ridgid machine, the K-7500 would be a much better choice since it address the few issues I touched base on.

Now if you want a sectional machine that is considered in the same league as the K-750/K-7500 you would want to look at the K-1500 this machine can easily clear 3" to 8" lines with its 1 1/4" cable it does not depend on torque like a drum machine, its rodding style is more in the line of speed, think of it as a flexible drill bit that you have to keep turning.
          Last edited by SewerRatz; 04-07-2013, 06:40 AM.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Get the 7500 first then buy the K60 after
            Rod
            MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
            Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
            http://unclognh.com
            http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Working...
            X