X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-60 or K-750

now i see there is plenty of dicussion already on this one.....
    Last edited by crearly; 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM.

Re: K-60 or K-750

Yep drum or sectional always comes up

Comment

If you are wanting a Ridgid main line drum machine go with the K-7500.

Comment

I have a K-7500. Not the biggest fan of it. I'd rather use a GO68HD or Spartan 1065, something with the drum on the K-7500 makes getting the cable in and out harder than it is with a 1065. Maybe 11/16" hollow core would work better with it than the 3/4" IC I rum in my K-7500. Bounces around a lot too. Can't speak for the K-60 as I do have one or used one. Not the biggest fan of the K50 which is a similar machine. My K7500 sits at the shop a lot. Only use it when I choose too, which ain't too often.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Start reading the k60 threads. Plenty of members who have given up their big drums for the portability of the k60. It does 90% of my cable work. What it won't do my drill and 1.25" innercore will or jetter with 4000psi 18gpm will.

Can't beat the weight to power ratio or the high speed cutting.

Just put a new one on the truck after 5 years of hard use bought 2nd hand too. Still works fine but I needed a nice shiney one for a job and swapped out for a new one.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            Start reading the k60 threads. Plenty of members who have given up their big drums for the portability of the k60. It does 90% of my cable work. What it won't do my drill and 1.25" innercore will or jetter with 4000psi 18gpm will.

Can't beat the weight to power ratio or the high speed cutting.

Just put a new one on the truck after 5 years of hard use bought 2nd hand too. Still works fine but I needed a nice shiney one for a job and swapped out for a new one.

Rick.

And there are plenty others that have either never crossed the fence or have given up and went back to their drum.

Comment

You really haven't a guess what the k60 sales have been the last few years. There's a reason why its their #1 drain machine.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

my only concern with the 60 is making a mess in customer's home. If not for that, i would have already bought one.

Comment

it's only as messy as you want it to be.

inside of the house i use the guide hose. outside i use no hose. clear the stoppage and the cable will spin dry.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by crearly View Post
                    my only concern with the 60 is making a mess in customer's home. If not for that, i would have already bought one.

That was my main issue with the K50. I carry my Model N in for inside jobs, and I have 75' of 5/8" sectional style cable in my drum, all contained in a drum to keep the mess down. Outside I sling $h!t every where with my Model C or GO 68HD open reel, not as concerned with the mess outside.
                    Will Rogers Plumbing
                    Moore, Oklahoma
                    (
                    405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      You really haven't a guess what the k60 sales have been the last few years. There's a reason why its their #1 drain machine.

Rick.

Enlighten me with factual sales numbers for all rodding machines...........

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                        That was my main issue with the K50. I carry my Model N in for inside jobs, and I have 75' of 5/8" sectional style cable in my drum, all contained in a drum to keep the mess down. Outside I sling $h!t every where with my Model C or GO 68HD open reel, not as concerned with the mess outside.
                        How much you reckon that model N weighs? Is it on wheels or do you handcarry it? if you carry it, do you need both hands?
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It's heavy. Eel recommends 50' of the 5/8", but it will hold 75' which is how I run it. We have some long runs here. Some houses have two stub outs. It will start out as a 2" washer drain, then become 4" concrete outside the house before tying into the main building sewer. I have a dolly with wheels that Eel makes for the Model N, but I prefer to not use it, as I feel it gets in the way when operating it. It takes 2 hands to carry, but it's not unbearable. Model N is the best sewer machine I've ever used imo.
                          Will Rogers Plumbing
                          Moore, Oklahoma
                          (
                          405) 323-2852

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
                            but it's not unbearable. Model N is the best sewer machine I've ever used imo.

Ahem, Will, don't you mean, drain machine?

I wouldn't give up my Gorlitz GO68 HD for a K-60, but I wouldn't give up my K-60 either.

I keep 125' on my Gorlitz, but if I get a run that's over 125' and suspect the line is less than 150' I'll get the K-60 a shot before I add an additional reel.

Comment

Yes it's for building drains, but I feel it is the best machine you can buy.

I'd like to add a mid range machine for the jobs that are too large for the Model N, yet the Model C or GO 68HD is not needed. Thought about the K-60, but if it is anything like the K-50, then I'll pass. K-50 wasn't my cup of tea. NOt a bad machine, I just didn't like it. GO 62 is probably what I'll get.
                              Will Rogers Plumbing
                              Moore, Oklahoma
                              (
                              405) 323-2852

Comment

Working...
                              X