Surprise !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surprise !!!

Well installing another outside clean out today in My Hood. I know where the rear bath toilets exit the foundation.
    I show My Guy where to dig. I do some Elec work next house over. come back in 20 minutes and this is what I see.
    Right where I said about 16" down is ABS clean out cap !! WTF ? This Guy lived here for years and never Knew.
    We cleared the line with the Maxi rooter. Picked Up a round Concrete Box with a cap marked SEWER. Alls flowing like a champ. Nice Guy N family Vacationing in Hawaii . Gave Him the good News. He saved some $$$. Couldn't happen to a Nicer Guy.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Surprise !!!

Good job kevin. Not uncommon for me to find buried cleanouts with my seesnake. You know where the tee is and know how deep the main is, you just don't know how high they raised the buried cleanout.

Fun hitting it on the button with a tile probe and camera.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I have ran into a couple like that. Even had one where my rod kept hanging up, so I located the spot dug down a foot and hid a large metal lid. They buried an inspection manhole. So they hired us to raise the ring flush with the ground verses digging up the sewer.

This reminded me of the first time I seen a sewer camera on a tv show. It was one with Bob Vila. They were rehabbing a house, and the plumbing contractor said this home did not have a proper clean out. So he sent a guy on the roof with a pushrod and a locater. They located where the sewer came out of the house, and picked a spot to dig. As they started to dig down, about 18" they a cleanout. You can see the look of disappointment on the contractors face. Then he said ok so we now have a clean out lets put a camera in and inspect the sewer. As the push it in they get in about 4 to 5 feet and come across a little dangly bit of roots, nothing to write home about. But the contractor calls Bob Vila over and got all excited "Do you see that? That is a root intrusion, the sewer needs to be replaced." Bob then asks if he can go in any further, which the contractor says "No no we cannot push past that our camera might get stuck." My jaw dropped watching this, I was yelling at the tv saying what total BS this contractor was spewing. He found a clean out, he should power rod it, and then televise the line. And the so called "root mass" was just a few dangly roots, which did not present any danger of getting the camera stuck.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        I have ran into a couple like that. Even had one where my rod kept hanging up, so I located the spot dug down a foot and hid a large metal lid. They buried an inspection manhole. So they hired us to raise the ring flush with the ground verses digging up the sewer.

This reminded me of the first time I seen a sewer camera on a tv show. It was one with Bob Vila. They were rehabbing a house, and the plumbing contractor said this home did not have a proper clean out. So he sent a guy on the roof with a pushrod and a locater. They located where the sewer came out of the house, and picked a spot to dig. As they started to dig down, about 18" they a cleanout. You can see the look of disappointment on the contractors face. Then he said ok so we now have a clean out lets put a camera in and inspect the sewer. As the push it in they get in about 4 to 5 feet and come across a little dangly bit of roots, nothing to write home about. But the contractor calls Bob Vila over and got all excited "Do you see that? That is a root intrusion, the sewer needs to be replaced." Bob then asks if he can go in any further, which the contractor says "No no we cannot push past that our camera might get stuck." My jaw dropped watching this, I was yelling at the tv saying what total BS this contractor was spewing. He found a clean out, he should power rod it, and then televise the line. And the so called "root mass" was just a few dangly roots, which did not present any danger of getting the camera stuck.
        I'll send You a ticket !! We'll locate Him ! Than Beat Him with our new Ridgid drop Heads K6s. I'M PISSED TOO !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I see the cleanouts as well. Also see alot of test tees right before the material transition that roots end up growing through.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

One of My new customers had R.R. Instal an outside C.O. Our laterals exit about 24" deep . $1200

Comment

That's actually not a crazy price.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
              X