Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electric Eel Style Sectional Cable ina K1500/K60

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
    I would like an adapter that would allow me to use my model C with my ridgid 7/8" cables, I don't want to buy EEL 7/8" cables when I have so many. And yes I would be easy on the 7/8" cable. I had 4 k-60's down last week an adapter would have made me very happy. And don't get the wrong opinion it's not the k-60's fault they where down I abuse them beyond there design, they should have made them weigh more or me be younger. because I open the door on the van and look around for my weapon and at the end of the day I always grab the lightest machine.

Maybe one needs to carry five or six to have a chance at getting one to work ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
      I would like an adapter that would allow me to use my model C with my ridgid 7/8" cables, I don't want to buy EEL 7/8" cables when I have so many. And yes I would be easy on the 7/8" cable. I had 4 k-60's down last week an adapter would have made me very happy. And don't get the wrong opinion it's not the k-60's fault they where down I abuse them beyond there design, they should have made them weigh more or me be younger. because I open the door on the van and look around for my weapon and at the end of the day I always grab the lightest machine.

It might be wiser to run these from a drill as you get a better feel for whats happening.

Comment

we do run our k1500 with the eel 1-1/4" cable , no issues . i agree the ell cables are so much better than the ridgid.

All we run on the k7500 are eel cutters, I have ran up to three eel cables as a leader on the front of the k7500 , only because i get lazy and didnt wanna run a sectional. lol ...it works good.

Comment

What about the K-60? I have alot Electric Eel J-Cable, I trust the Electric Eel cables and cutters more than I do Ridgid cable. Thinking of running J-Cable with my K-60.
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
            What about the K-60? I have alot Electric Eel J-Cable, I trust the Electric Eel cables and cutters more than I do Ridgid cable. Thinking of running J-Cable with my K-60.

Since these are 6' sections why not just spin it from a 600rpm drill ? Would be more reliable and less work.

I'm thinking about buying the J kit to do just this. I need to get some weight figures as compared to the 1.25" Eel cable.
            Last edited by AssTyme; 04-18-2013, 09:49 AM.

Comment

J-Cable is 6'. 5/8" Dual-matic cable is 5'. I run the J-Cable with the drill a lot. Times I'd use the K-60 is for when I pull a water closet or if I was inside, or for times I just WANT to use a K-60.
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

Comment

J-Cable is 6'. 5/8" Dual-matic cable is 5'. I run the J-Cable with the drill a lot. Times I'd use the K-60 is for when I pull a water closet or if I was inside, or for times I just WANT to use a K-60.

I would never use a sectional inside someones bathroom unless I absolutely had to.

Enter the lighter weight & small footprint of the Spartan 300.

Comment

Let us know how this works out for you long term

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                    I would never use a sectional inside someones bathroom unless I absolutely had to.

Enter the lighter weight & small footprint of the Spartan 300.

I don't own a 300, K60 will have to do for now. I going in with an open mind, I'll give an honest opinion of after I've had it a few months.
                    Will Rogers Plumbing
                    Moore, Oklahoma
                    (
                    405) 323-2852

Comment

Always get a kick outta asstyme and his anti sectional views, its like gun debate, pro gun or anti gun. pro sectional or anti sectional

I always use the general innercore with the k60, always i would think the eel ones might be nicer as the length is shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                        I've wondered about running a section of eel cable in front of a drum cable using the eel adapter.? I haven't used eel cable enough though to know how it would react inside of the pipe
                        I run Eel 1 1/4 cable hooked to my 3/4 drum cable when I hit mush to auger it out or just need a little more length. I will run maybe 80 ft if needed. only problem is right when it comes out there is a bind between the two sizes that can make the adaptor break unless you tape where the two cables meet so it is a slow transition to the bigger cable

Comment

Working...
                        X