Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

K-1500 and KM-1500. Do their parts interchange?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1500 and KM-1500. Do their parts interchange?

Title says it all. We have an old KM-1500 in our fleet of rental tools and the clutch pulley broke out inside. I've not been able to locate a good breakdown for the km-1500, but it looks exact inside pretty much to the newer k-1500. Will the shaft/pully assy. from the K-1500 fit my ancient KM-1500?

Re: K-1500 and KM-1500. Do their parts interchange?

Marvin fron allan j coleman will know for sure.

Here is his link. Allan J. Coleman - Selling Ridgid Inspection, Drain Cleaning and Power Tools, Obrien Jetters and StoneAge Sewer nozzles.

He will probably post the answer before you call him.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

The pully a shaft is not the same the old pully and shaft is 59800. The clutch casting is also different but i cant remember the number. We have them in stock. I am if florida now but am coming back for monday and tuesday so i will be in then marvin

Comment

Oh shoot. Looks like I need to rectify an order then. Thank you for the info. What do you sell your part for out of curiosity? feel free to PM me. Thanks

Comment

When the pully a shaft are replaced you should also replace the lock and adusting screw in rear. If there is any wear on the screw the shaft will flair out to match it and you will never get it apart. The pins and clips on the rocker arms should also be replaced if you dont replace the rocker arms. I am in florida and do not have a price list,i will be in the shop monday and tuesday before going back marvin

Comment

The clutch pulley Im getting is an entire assembly. Gettn the rear lock too, and some new jaw sets. We usually only run 1 1/4" cable. I usually get the whole shootin match through Grainger, who is our local distributor of Ridgid tools and parts here in AK. Either way, looks like Im going to have to do some work here to get this drain cleaner back up and going. one of the hottest tools in the fleet

Comment

Ok, so turns out the Km1500 pulley and shaft assembly is discontinued by Grainger, so, Marvin, I will be contacting you soon to discuss parts! Were a few hours behind you time wise, but our shops open 8-5 weekdays and 9-5 saturday 907-224-3400 Ill be out of the shop today but in tomorrow.

*edit* I just got a call back from Grainger and they are gonna try and get the part for me, so lets put this on standby till I know for a fact or not if they can get this for me. Either way, I appreciate your guys' help in this matter! Thanks!
              Last edited by Resurrection Rental; 04-29-2013, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X