X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I get the Root Ranger

I'm relatively new to jetting. Maybe six months or so. I have the Big Brute from Jetters Northwest, 9gpm 4000 psi. I have the warthog nozzle, 3/8" and 300' hose and it kicks butt. I'd like to try the Root Ranger from reading posts on different sites. Where is the best place to get it from in Los Angeles area. Also what other nozzles would you recommend worth having? Is there a good nozzle that penetrates a line full of water or just keep snaking it first?

Re: Where can I get the Root Ranger

Looks like it'd do nothing but get stuck in the drain.

Comment

The root ranger is the most agressive rear cutting nozzle out there. It pulls great and cuts like a laser.

Now with your 9gpm, machine, you can easily go with a larger bore root ranger. More like a double or a #9 rotor. The standard rotor is rated more for 4-4.5 gpm.

The standard single rotor is easily rotated down the line. The double is harder to rotate.

The nozzle has little forward cutting, but the rear cutting is a monster and much more agressive than a warthog. Great for cutting left behind roots by other nozzles. Had 1 last week that my 1/2" warthog wouldn't touch after multiple passes. Put in the 1/4" root ranger and it was gone in literally seconds.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
        I'm relatively new to jetting. Maybe six months or so. I have the Big Brute from Jetters Northwest, 9gpm 4000 psi. I have the warthog nozzle, 3/8" and 300' hose and it kicks butt. I'd like to try the Root Ranger from reading posts on different sites. Where is the best place to get it from in Los Angeles area. Also what other nozzles would you recommend worth having? Is there a good nozzle that penetrates a line full of water or just keep snaking it first?
        Order one through jnw, with ur gpm I'd be tempted to try a root rat out as well. First choice would be a rr and think I'd go for the double, I saw Rick's in person, very aggressive.
        How do you feel about your jetter's specs and how it handles it's needs in way of gpm?
        Do you have to pause often to wait for the little holding tank to fill back up?

Comment

Any detrimental consequences if I put the standard single bore on my machine?

Comment

JNW supplied me with a 100 gallon feed tank that I have mounted in my truck so I never run out of water or haven't yet. The longest time I've run it at one time was 2.5 hours. Being new to jetting should I be a little concerned about the double barrel? Being hard to turn?

Comment

AJ Coleman....no tax.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

My root rat and root ranger just arrived. Can't wait to try them out.

Comment

Working...
                X