X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quad C cutter

I saw a Quad cutter in the Mytana catalog basically a double C cutter. I like the C cutter over the round saw cutter as here the roots can get so massive that the round saw often gets caught in the line the C cutter can be pulled out as it will give some. But some of the old cast iron pipes under the floor sometimes have the bottom rusted out so I have to use a round cutter to get through and hope I don't get stuck. also I think four blades would clean better then two in my 3/4" cable 7500. But the quad cutter Mytana has looks kind of weak. Anyone tried one of these? Any one know of a better one ? I use General cables with adaptors for Ridgid, EEL,General,

Re: Quad C cutter

Originally posted by gtmerkley View Post
    I saw a Quad cutter in the Mytana catalog basically a double C cutter. I like the C cutter over the round saw cutter as here the roots can get so massive that the round saw often gets caught in the line the C cutter can be pulled out as it will give some. But some of the old cast iron pipes under the floor sometimes have the bottom rusted out so I have to use a round cutter to get through and hope I don't get stuck. also I think four blades would clean better then two in my 3/4" cable 7500. But the quad cutter Mytana has looks kind of weak. Anyone tried one of these? Any one know of a better one ? I use General cables with adaptors for Ridgid, EEL,General,

I would think the more blades the less aggressive it would be ? Maybe more of a finishing bit ?

Comment

Re: Quad C cutter

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      I would think the more blades the less aggressive it would be ? Maybe more of a finishing bit ?
      I start out with a small bit and keep going up in size till I get a cutter in as big as the pipe. So if I dont need it to get through rusted out bottoms, Then I could just use it as a finish cutter good ideal

Comment

Working...
      X