X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter trouble

Just wondering if any one can give me some ideas about my jetter, it seems to run fine some times and have full pressure and flow, then if I turn it of for a while and restart it sometimes it doesn't seem to have full pressure just wondering if it could be valves in the pump that may be sticking on the odd occasion? its a hawk pump 3000psi at 7.7gallans and it has a 20 hp Honda motor running it.
    Cheers Rob

Re: Jetter trouble

I would also check the unloader if yours has one. You can remove the bypass hose to verify it's not bypassing.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick, checked all that and it seems to be fine, I run a smaller size nozzle than what my machine can handle and when it is running well it bypass a bit but then it seems to lose pressure and stops bypassing, was wondering if it could be an intermittent fault in the pump itself
      Cheers Rob

Comment

It is possible too have a bad oring but I think the fact of using too small of a tip is the real problem because it can't make it's flow. Try another larger correct size tip and see if it does the same thing.
        Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Thanks Cuda just checked all the o rings and one of the seating o rings had split not sure how much difference that will make? Will find out tomorrow.

Comment

Well here is my .02cents worth...If it is a positive displacement pump (not familiar with Hawk pumps, but assume it is positive displacement)..if the pump is turning it should be putting out water..if there is none out the nozzle and it is not bypassing anything then (1) your pump/gearbox is at fault or, if belt driven the belt is slipping and the pump is not turning (2) your unloader is at fault and not allowing water through in any direction ( don't know how that can happen).
            Last edited by VMC; 05-08-2013, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Hi VMC the jetter is putting out water but pressure seems to fluctuate one minute its as good as gold the next minute it seems to loose pressure and flow going to replace all the valves in the pump and see how that goes

Comment

I had a pressure washer do that to me, the bearing on the wobble plate failed and essentially grenaded the entire pump.

Comment

Working...
                X