Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General 4" Heavy Duty Side Cutter Blades #L-4HDSC....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General 4" Heavy Duty Side Cutter Blades #L-4HDSC....

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
    I use the Electric Eel spiral root saw all the time with not much issues at all. Will go through most bends and never gets stuck. I'm refering to the HDD-3S spiral root saw. I don't use there "finish" root saw, A-14DC as that cutter will get you stuck 50% of the time....

AT,
    Do you have there 12" flexible spring leader? It's not in the catalog, but it is just like the flexible spearhead they make, but you can just any cutter on it you want.

http://www.electriceel.com/pdfs/Cabl...ctionGuide.pdf

I have but never used that bit. Not sure it's a finishing blade it just looks to be a lighter duty saw not sure why it would be getting stuck all the time maybe bad luck ???

Comment

It just like to get hung up on the return. I never use it any more. I have allmost 100% success buy doing three passes of, A-1DC Flexible Spear, then A-3DC 3" spearhead, then HDD-3S spiral root saw, followed by camera. Sometimes I do it in 2 passes and leave out the 3" spearhead.
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
        Yes I always run the hollow leader.
        Why?? That sounds like a trap leader to me. With sectionals you always want the stiffest cables in front whenever possible. much less likely to have the cutter flip back on itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          Why?? That sounds like a trap leader to me. With sectionals you always want the stiffest cables in front whenever possible. much less likely to have the cutter flip back on itself.
          The leader AS is talking about is only 12" long......It's a 12" spring Eel makes, gives you slightly more flexibility.
          Will Rogers Plumbing
          Moore, Oklahoma
          (
          405) 323-2852

Comment

I run it mainly to help get started. A little more flex to help get it around the cleanout bends or down stack 90's. Also helps down line.

It's only 1' long I think it would be pretty hard to flip it in a 6" line as I've gave it hell plenty of times.

Comment

I run it mainly to help get started. A little more flex to help get it around the cleanout bends or down stack 90's. Also helps down line.

It's only 1' long I think it would be pretty hard to flip it in a 6" line as I've gave it hell plenty of times.
              Don't say NEVER! I let my neighbor run one of my drum machines once, these is what he brought back lol.

Name:  c2a703c1de32c21f530e8d1287aab03b.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  215.0 KB
              Will Rogers Plumbing
              Moore, Oklahoma
              (
              405) 323-2852

Comment

Don't say NEVER! I let my neighbor run one of my drum machines once, these is what he brought back lol.

I'll loan out a few tools to my neighbor but NEVER a drain machine just for this reason. Your lucky it was a easily replaced leader and not a long section.
                How does that even happen?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  I'll loan out a few tools to my neighbor but NEVER a drain machine just for this reason. Your lucky it was a easily replaced leader and not a long section.
                  How does that even happen?

Being too aggressive or maybe got stuck & twisted it up trying to get out ???

Comment

What size line was that in ? How the heck did it get uncoupled from the cable and left behind ???

Comment

What is worst is the neighbor is also a Plumber. The machine he was running was my back ups, back up machine. Didn't think it was going to be a big deal as I cleared his line a year or so ago with my 1.25" Eel cable by just pushing it into the line(for free), didn't even hook it up to the Model C or Drill. So I didn't think a guy could mess up a cable on such a simple rodding, but it goes to show Drain Cleaning a skill, and not everyone can do it.
                      Will Rogers Plumbing
                      Moore, Oklahoma
                      (
                      405) 323-2852

Comment

Are those the actual measurements or are they undersized like the rest of their bits ? What size lines are you using the 3" on ? Is it your final pass/bit used on that line ?
                        I use it on straight runs on 3" or with maybe a 45 or two...no 90's....it only really shines in a "self healing stoppage"....
                        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by dcman View Post
                          I use it on straight runs on 3" or with maybe a 45 or two...no 90's....it only really shines in a "self healing stoppage"....

I wonder why they don't offer it for sectional cables ?

Comment

I wonder why they don't offer it for sectional cables ?
                            They do. General just has the link buried. General Pipe Cleaners Cutters

You can also order the standard slotted end choppers and use the General L-CA (slotted to eel end adapter made by General)

I'll be going up to Coleman next week. I may get the 2.5" or 3" chopper to try out. They are pricey though so we'll see.
                            Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 05-16-2013, 11:47 PM.

Comment

I talked to Marvin at AJ Coleman today. He said that using the General L-CA adapter with the clog chopper is not a good idea as there is too much play in slotted connector.

I bought a 3" chopper today. I'll try it out tomorrow on a 6" line with some roots.

I also bought some eel cable, but it turns out that I CANNOT use it in my R750 as the cables are just a little too big and do not fit past the jaws. Apparently the Rothenberger cables are just a smidge smaller as they are metric. The ridgid cables work in the R750, but not the general or eel L cables. I'm pretty peeved.

Comment

I talked to Marvin at AJ Coleman today. He said that using the General L-CA adapter with the clog chopper is not a good idea as there is too much play in slotted connector.

I bought a 3" chopper today. I'll try it out tomorrow on a 6" line with some roots.

I also bought some eel cable, but it turns out that I CANNOT use it in my R750 as the cables are just a little too big and do not fit past the jaws. Apparently the Rothenberger cables are just a smidge smaller as they are metric. The ridgid cables work in the R750, but not the general or eel L cables. I'm pretty peeved.

Time for an adapter & drill

Comment

Working...
                                X