Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

General 4" Heavy Duty Side Cutter Blades #L-4HDSC....

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: General 4" Heavy Duty Side Cutter Blades #L-4HDSC....

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
    I talked to Marvin at AJ Coleman today. He said that using the General L-CA adapter with the clog chopper is not a good idea as there is too much play in slotted connector.

I bought a 3" chopper today. I'll try it out tomorrow on a 6" line with some roots.

I also bought some eel cable, but it turns out that I CANNOT use it in my R750 as the cables are just a little too big and do not fit past the jaws. Apparently the Rothenberger cables are just a smidge smaller as they are metric. The ridgid cables work in the R750, but not the general or eel L cables. I'm pretty peeved.

It seems all the General bit connections are sloppier than a.... uhm.......... you know..........

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      Actually the 4" hd blade would be worse as its more of a hole saw and doesn't have any play.

The standard 4" spiral saw is the best as it has more of a running spiral and will navigate the 4" bends. Its designed as a double blade side by side. Although I usually run just 1 saw blade. Forward cuts and reverse tears and rips.

Use my 3" or 4" as my first cutter everytime in a 3" or 4" cleanout. 2" and smaller get my reverse auger.

Rick.

The General 4" bit is actually 3.5". What it the actual diameter of the 3" ?

Last edited by AssTyme; 08-12-2013, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rod man View Post
        These blades are 4sc blades not 4hdsc blades. The hdsc blades are 1 piece and go with a allen head screw in the center of the coupling marvin

Received the correct one today it measures 3.5" across. The blade looks ok but I don't really care for the long stiff section could be a problem around 90's ???

Comment

Interesting thread to be sure. I agree those general 2 piece cutters are not so good. I adapted my drum machine to use them because all plumbing supply houses have the blades. it seems the 4 inch blade worked good in 3 inch but they were to loose in 4 inch and really were bad in 6'' clay. I can only get to most of my clay by going through 10 or 20 feet of 4inch cast. Any how I got a few call backs using the general cutters. so I stopped.

I'm surprised you guys use root saws and all that they always seemed gimmicky to me and Heaven help you if get stuck in a wye with that heavy duty general root saw.

I thought most of you started with as big a blade as you could get down the clean out? heck I want to get the drain opened up and cleared as good as can be on the first pass, most times I can.

I hate having to go in with small cutters to start.

Comment

This is a l-ca cutter adapter with a general adapter on it. The l-ca adapter is threaded in the center and the blade goes on without the general adapter. Somebody does not lnow what they are selling marvin

Comment

This is a l-ca cutter adapter with a general adapter on it. The l-ca adapter is threaded in the center and the blade goes on without the general adapter. Somebody does not lnow what they are selling marvin
              Didn't look right to me either.

Comment

I should have figured that out

ThanX Marvin

Comment

Ahh yes !!!

Me so very much happy now

Comment

Working...
                  X