X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 63200 t-7 hook auger....

Anyone have the dimensions of this auger ? Is there a similar one for 7/8" cable ?

Is there any one place where ALL of the Ridgid bits can be seen ?

Re: Ridgid 63200 t-7 hook auger....

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
    Anyone have the dimensions of this auger ? Is there a similar one for 7/8" cable ?

Is there any one place where ALL of the Ridgid bits can be seen ?
    Used to have one, but haven't seen it in a while. It is big, probably 3.5"-4" wide. There is no similar auger for the 7/8" cable. It is for retrieving broken cables and it does that very well .

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
      Used to have one, but haven't seen it in a while. It is big, probably 3.5"-4" wide. There is no similar auger for the 7/8" cable. It is for retrieving broken cables and it does that very well .

Yeah that's why I'm asking about the size I want to MacGyver it to fit my .55 magnum cable Spartan retrievers suck.

Comment

It's a MONSTER

Going to have to trim the length down some then should be a nice cable retriever

Comment

[QUOTE=AssTyme;399444

Is there any one place where ALL of the Ridgid bits can be seen ?[/QUOTE]

That would be Rick's shop.

Comment

Not really. Although I literally have hundreds of cutters from over the years, I really only use a handfull of different styles.

Since the majority of my main line stoppages are roots, my go to cutter is a spiral root saw. Sometimes its my 3"x4" pear cutters. For sludge, its my 4 blade cutter. For retrieving cables and root masses that broke free, its my spiral auger or rick reverse auger.

My expanding cutters are not used as much as jetting is much more effective. I find that my 4x6 expanding cutters just spring down in size too easily and don't do much for roots in a 6" line.

My jetter really can do everything and more than a cable machine can do. Especially when it comes to cutting out all the roots, grease, mud and descaling. Nothing else compares to a jetter.

So yes, there are dozens of different cutters and accessories for a snake, there's only a handful that you use.

Rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              Not really. Although I literally have hundreds of cutters from over the years, I really only use a handfull of different styles.

Since the majority of my main line stoppages are roots, my go to cutter is a spiral root saw. Sometimes its my 3"x4" pear cutters. For sludge, its my 4 blade cutter. For retrieving cables and root masses that broke free, its my spiral auger or rick reverse auger.

My expanding cutters are not used as much as jetting is much more effective. I find that my 4x6 expanding cutters just spring down in size too easily and don't do much for roots in a 6" line.

My jetter really can do everything and more than a cable machine can do. Especially when it comes to cutting out all the roots, grease, mud and descaling. Nothing else compares to a jetter.

So yes, there are dozens of different cutters and accessories for a snake, there's only a handful that you use.

Rick.

Not sure which one you're using but I've had excellent results with my Eel 4x6 blades. Nothing left but a few short straggles.

Comment

Working...
              X