Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: area drain jetting

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post

Will...that flat bladed spiral saw...what's that one for?
    There called Sludge Pushers. Good for any time you need to move objects to tyhe xcity main or for dirt, mud, or grease.

One of y'all Cali guys needs to hit me up and have a beer. I'll be in Anaheim all next week.
    Will Rogers Plumbing
    Moore, Oklahoma
    (
    405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
    http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      here's what i pulled out of my last area drain. Root ranger 4gpm, 3500 psi jetter. Attachment Attachment Attachment
      wow !
      Attached Files
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I have started a new job working for a bright guy who os a plumber fitst, businessman second. He has a cart jetter that no one seemed to able to use very effectively and has a new US Jetting rig arriving next week. I mentioned this jetter guru up in L.A. that would be good to contact. (I was talking about you). Do you mind if I forward your info along? Maybe the boss could do a ride along and pick up some info.

Thanks

Jared

Comment

jared, steve from us jetting will be delivering the unit himself. make sure you guys go over everything with him. also check for leaks at the diesel tank. make sure the unit shuts off when the key is turned off, make sure the hose reel swivels a full 90 degrees each side of center. and last but not least, make sure you have good remote range if you ordered it with a remote control.

believe me, i speak from experience. steve knows my machine very well

most important is hose selection and nozzle selection. especially with roots. we can defiantly hook up when you're ready. also us jetting offers a 1 day jetting school. not bad if you've never run their machine before.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Rick, I've run their 4014 unit before and a Gorlitz GO3000 cart jetter and I don't think either had their smaller hoses or nozzles set up to get the results that you do in area drains.

I could send to 4014 up a curb outlet and clear the lateral provided there were no bends. Sending the 4014's 3/16's hose or the GO3000's hose in for branch drains and I was just giving roots a bath.

Comment

Tight turn styrene 90s, non directional tees are never fun. But I use a minimun of 1/4" hose in the bends and 3/8" in the runs. Nozzle selection is key. A root ranger will cut and wash everything out of the line. But if its completely plugged, you will need a good penetrating front nozzle.

Rarely use my 3/16" hose.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Wow jetters are really useful you did a nice job there.

Comment

Rick.....how much does that head(1/4 warthog) cost?...i have a 3/8 warthog but i like that smaller one for going down 90's from roof vents and lines with multiple bends...i just upgraded my trailor jetter to 3000 psi at 12gpm....how do yu think that nozzle would work with mines?...i also have 350' of 3/8 hose on it...thanks in advance

Comment

The 1/4" is a high speed spinner. At first I didn't care for it, but then it started to work. I guess it needed breaking in.

I set up my nozzle size for 5.5 gpm. This way as it wore out the orrifice still might be in range. Also too much gpm in a 1/4" hose is lots of pressure drop.

Memory was approx $425. 2 years ago.

Rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWKv_y0VECk

Mine is jetted for my specs and works great up to 4" This is my video of the review. With the clear pipe, you can see it cuts grease great but the low flow doesn't allow it get flushed out.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        The 1/4" is a high speed spinner. At first I didn't care for it, but then it started to work. I guess it needed breaking in.

I set up my nozzle size for 5.5 gpm. This way as it wore out the orrifice still might be in range. Also too much gpm in a 1/4" hose is lots of pressure drop.

Rick.
                        How is that mid range ish warthog doing for you? Was it set up for 12 gpm 4k? That would be awesome for residential work concerning sewer laterals.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick.
                          Hey Rick where did you buy the 1/4 hi speed RR and where at ? Also what size nozzels ? Thanks Sewer Rat

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                            Hey Rick where did you buy the 1/4 hi speed RR and where at ? Also what size nozzels ? Thanks Sewer Rat
                            Bought the 1/4" high speed warthog from the phcc trade show 1.5 years ago. Harben calif sold it to me. Try allan coleman in chicago. Chances are they have it in stock.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick

Comment

I don't get to use my jetter as much as I'd like to; it's definitely a money maker. Love the 3/8" controlled spin warthog nozzle, but haven't bought the 1/4". Haven't had much luck with the cheap chinese "spinners", but I've been interested in that warthog spinner for a while. Might give Marvin another call when I get more drain calls.. Nice catch Rick!

Comment

Working...
                                X