X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When..........

is Ridgid going to make a chucked K-45AF ???

Re: When..........

Umm they are chucked. You slide the grip back towards the drum to activate the chuck.

Click image for larger version

Name:	e4c69435fa634c84229f27b712729a5d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	17577
    Last edited by SewerRatz; 05-21-2013, 07:40 PM.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
      Umm they are chucked. You slide the grip back towards the drum to activate the chuck.

It helps some but not near enough on some of the tough blockages. Hollow core 1/4" & 5/16" cables are the worst for slippage & knotting up in the drum.

I want a Jacobs chuck on one of my K-45AF's

Comment

I meant Jacobs chuck not slide chuck.

My bad

Comment

The old k38 had a chuck that was like the old k36 but it was not a jacobs. The k-35 had a steel jacobs chuck. General and eel use a jacobs but they use the new plastic one and thewy are not as good as the steel. There is only one place left that has the old steel jacobs in stock. Marvin

Comment

Originally posted by rod man View Post
            The old k38 had a chuck that was like the old k36 but it was not a jacobs. The k-35 had a steel jacobs chuck. General and eel use a jacobs but they use the new plastic one and thewy are not as good as the steel. There is only one place left that has the old steel jacobs in stock. Marvin

I want both, a Ridgid auto feeder and a Jacobs chuck on the same unit.

I really dislike non auto feeding pistol rodders but I might have to break down and get one for those several jobs a year that it would come in handy.

Comment

I actually have 2 of the ridgid k38 with chucks and a milwaukee.

The great thing it will feed every last inch and allow you to force through a trap or obstruction without blowing the drum into a knot.

I've always felt that the slide chuck was a joke.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Marv, is the place down in St Louse area? Just kidding I know its Allan J Coleman. As a wise man once told me over at A J Coleman, if they do not have what I want, I didn't need it in the first place.
                Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

The slide chuck was a joke. I've used a few over the years and none of them worked as they should.

Comment

Thinking about pulling the trigger on this one...........

I like the 600rpm, the Milwaukee (Spartan) only spins at 450.

Electric Eel SK R 3 8EIC25 3 8" x 25' Electric Drill Powered Drain Cleaner | eBay

Comment

I would think that RPM does not mean as much as torque in the tough sink drain lines. I have an ancient general with a steel Jacobs chuck that works awesome on the nasty. 1.5" galvy I see every day. I tried a k45AF. It was a waste. Too many turns in too short a distance to make the autofeed worth it. No way that eel ever spins at full 600 rpm especially under load

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                        I would think that RPM does not mean as much as torque in the tough sink drain lines. I have an ancient general with a steel Jacobs chuck that works awesome on the nasty. 1.5" galvy I see every day. I tried a k45AF. It was a waste. Too many turns in too short a distance to make the autofeed worth it. No way that eel ever spins at full 600 rpm especially under load

Well I ended up pulling the trigger on it. It's going to be a PITA to use but it should help on those tough ones.

I have an older style K-39AF that has the same drill body as the Eel. It does spin fast and it's a smaller lighter weight gun, it helped with my decision to blow $400.00 on a crummy pistol rodder with no auto feed, lol !

What size/brand cable are you running in your General ?
                        Last edited by AssTyme; 05-26-2013, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                          Well I ended up pulling the trigger on it. It's going to be a PITA to use but it should help on those tough ones.

I have an older style K-39AF that has the same drill body as the Eel. It does spin fast and it's a smaller lighter weight gun, it helped with my decision to blow $400.00 on a crummy pistol rodder with no auto feed, lol !

What size/brand cable are you running in your General ?
                          General Wire 1/4" IC cable with the hook auger. I have a nice bend about 2" behind the hook that helps negotiate the tough tees and elbows. The 5/16" cable tends to be too stiff for the lines I do. I mostly clear 1.5" galvy into 2" cast iron lines with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                            General Wire 1/4" IC cable with the hook auger. I have a nice bend about 2" behind the hook that helps negotiate the tough tees and elbows. The 5/16" cable tends to be too stiff for the lines I do. I mostly clear 1.5" galvy into 2" cast iron lines with it.

Must be the #25HE1 ? I'll put one down on the list for my next order.

The end looks like an Eel cable.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                              Must be the #25HE1 ? I'll put one down on the list for my next order.

The end looks like an Eel cable.
                              I think that's the one. All the supply houses carry General here, so I usually just grab one as needed on the run.

Comment

Working...
                              X