X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eel Model S....

Just received my Jacobs chucked Eel Model S pistol rodder today and I'm not very happy

The drum mounting is way off balance, it wobbles really bad. Are they all like this ?

I also do not like the fact that because of the inner components you cannot hold the nose to the ground to drain the water from the drum. You have to take the drum apart after every use which is not fun because of the poor design & crappy little screws.

Are the Eel, Milwaukee, Spartan & General pistol rodders basically the same ? I would think that they are ?

The K-45AF is worlds ahead of this POS. I'm thinking about sending it back.

Ridgid, you really need to make a pistol rodder with an auto feed and Jacobs chuck.
    Last edited by AssTyme; 05-30-2013, 07:57 PM.

Re: Eel Model S....

The drum is probably bent and the plastic chuck is not very good. The good jacobs chuck is the steel one. Milwaukee does not make a machine anymore. Ridgid had a chuck avalable on the k-38 but it was the old supreme chuck and not as good as the jacobs marvin

Comment

Dude, you can't have an auto feeder and Jacobs chuck. it's one or the other. think about the engineering how could you autofeed something that's locked in place?!? for the same reason you can't have an auto feeder on a k60 or k1500. You can't have your cake and eat it Too.......

I never have a problem with water in the drum of my general. just unscrew the chuck all the way off. I used mine twice today no problemos

Comment

The milwaukee i've had since new in 1976 is the same basic design, but with a steel drum and 4 sheet metal screws to hold it together. Not a very cleaver or good design.

My older ridgid k38 with chuck is much much better, but no auto feed.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Gary:
          Why wouldn't a General Handy Electric work for you?

Comment

Originally posted by rod man View Post
            The drum is probably bent and the plastic chuck is not very good. The good jacobs chuck is the steel one. Milwaukee does not make a machine anymore. Ridgid had a chuck avalable on the k-38 but it was the old supreme chuck and not as good as the jacobs marvin
            Spartan lists the 700 on their website based on a Milwaukee drill.

Comment

Just get a K50 be done with it.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                Dude, you can't have an auto feeder and Jacobs chuck. it's one or the other. think about the engineering how could you autofeed something that's locked in place?!? for the same reason you can't have an auto feeder on a k60 or k1500. You can't have your cake and eat it Too.......

I never have a problem with water in the drum of my general. just unscrew the chuck all the way off. I used mine twice today no problemos

Dude, if they can send a man to the moon they can mass produce my dream pistol rodder

Comment

Originally posted by rod man View Post

It's wobbling because it's not mounted to the drill output shaft square. I'll post pictures when I get time.

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post

Again, I'll post pictures when I get time.

Originally posted by Mark7 View Post
                  Gary:
                  Why wouldn't a General Handy Electric work for you?

It might, thats why I'm asking.

I'm going to also contact Eel to see what they have to say.

Comment

The problem with the wobbling is coming from where the drum is mounted to the drills output shaft.

I don't see how holding the nose down is going to drain the water. It will just pool around the lock washer & nut which sticks out about an inch.

Comment

Should have got the Model N. I got there Model CT and it's an ok machine, nothing special. I'd think the CT and Model S are similar designs. I know you hate them, but the Super-Vee is hard to beat for non auto feed, and they are available all day for cheap.
                      Will Rogers Plumbing
                      Moore, Oklahoma
                      (
                      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

After sending it back to Eel (a 3 week wait) to supposedly straighten the wobbly drum it still wobbles.

I'm sending it back for a refund.

Not even worth half the $400.00 I paid for it.

Going to look at the General models. Do any of them have an inner plastic drum with a chuck ?

Comment

The super vee has a plastic drum and a chuck similar to the k39.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                            After sending it back to Eel (a 3 week wait) to supposedly straighten the wobbly drum it still wobbles.

I'm sending it back for a refund.

Not even worth half the $400.00 I paid for it.

Going to look at the General models. Do any of them have an inner plastic drum with a chuck ?

With Eel they make awesome machines and cable for Model C and Model N, but the rest of there lineup......not so much. General Super-Vee has a plastic inner dum/cable holder, not really a inner drum, it's a liner.
                            Will Rogers Plumbing
                            Moore, Oklahoma
                            (
                            405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                            http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I'm not seeing any Super Vee's with a chuck

Comment

Working...
                              X