k silly I dont think so

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• k silly I dont think so

Snapped a7/8 cable and bent the heck out of my auger. Sorry no picks yet haven't had the time the last couple of months to play on my computer. I didn't think they had the snot to do that but to my dismay they actually will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: k silly I dont think so

Operator error.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Not out of the realm of possibility, I make mistakes. Just surprise me that it had the spunk to do that, after hearing a lot of people say how timid the 60 is. The k60 has been my go to machine for 3 or four years and never came close to breaking any thing before. Let me back up, It was definitely my mistake just surprised me. This is more a salute to the capabilities and power of the 60. I wasn't trying to say the machine was to blame. I love it.

Comment

I got stuck in the city main about 75' out a while back and laid on the handle in an effort to get unstuck. The machine switched from forward to reverse about 5 times in a row before I stopped and broke the jetter out to get me unstuck. Got the cable out and everything was fine.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

we all know that the factory augers have a flaw. its been discussed countless times.

but i know as well as others, that a rick reverse auger will not let you down. it's worked flawlessly for me since i started using it a good 5 years ago.

plenty of threads about that auger.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            we all know that the factory augers have a flaw. its been discussed countless times.

but i know as well as others, that a rick reverse auger will not let you down. it's worked flawlessly for me since i started using it a good 5 years ago.

plenty of threads about that auger.

rick.
            Why are you not selling these Rick, or sell the idea to RIDGID.
            Put the proceeds to Phoebes' college fund.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

There's not really anything to sell. It's just a little tweaking and reworking of their cable. Plus running the machine in reverse.

Now if josh wants to redesign a cable and make it an opposite wind with a built in funnel auger end, then they will have something of proven design. But then it wouldn't be known as the rick reverse auger

I guess it's like ridgid selling a cheater handle for a pipe wrench. It aint going to happen, but everyone has used one

The reverse auger is a cheater that has not let me down, never broke and always gets it open. Including going from a 1.5" cleanout to open a 4" root stoppage. Also great for non directional area drain piping.

Plus phoebe will get a scolarship to school when they see what she can do.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X