Scale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scale

I've seen a lot of it recently, some of it very tough and pretty immune to jetting, at least with my smaller machines (5.5 @ 4k). I know some like the chain knocker. Thinking of buying one.

Tips for success and pitfalls to avoid with the chain knocker?

Other options for scale removal?

And, once knocked loose, how do you get it to go away? Especially in a flat or backpitched line w/o access to jet up from below?
    This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Re: Scale

Have you tried a root rat? how did the root ranger do with the scale? What about general's clog chopper? Supposed to be made for scale.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

The root ranger worked for one I did a while ago that had fins, like grease fins, of hard scale deposits at the tide lines. It was a painful, time consuming process with a lot of camera work to make sure a section was clean before moving on. I'd like a faster solution. Also the recent ones have had no downstream access like that one and I wonder how to get the junk to flush out once it is loose. I'll look at the other nozzles you mention. Do you (or does anyone) have personal experience with them?
      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

The Root Ranger did a nice job for me in scale. Time consuming for sure with camera work following. We used a push rod taped to just the turbo head facing downstream to flush the broken scale into the main but that was with an easy access floor clean out in a straight sewer.

Comment

Not really an option on the one I saw yesterday, though I've not tried to shove a rod in. 100' plus with access from a pulled toilet, all pretty flat which is why the issue in the first place. I don't think I'd shove a rod all the way through even if I got it in. certainly I don't own 100' of it.

Comment

Working...
          X