X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploded sewer liner

Anyone on here have a jetter nozzle in the Los Angeles area that can cut through about 20' of 8" liner that's laying on the bottom of the pipe? Does such a nozzle exist? Anyone have a solution to remove it besides pipe bursting?

Re: Exploded sewer liner

You have to find a way to attach to the end, drill and clamp or get a chineese finger around the end and pull it out, they are not bonded to the host pipe for the most part just a pipe within a pipe. I have tried drilling them out with snakes, drills etc. and they are tough as nails. Pull it out, burst or trench.
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I take it that the liner is cured and no longer pliable? Unless it's a straight run near the opening, it would be next to impossible to pull it out.

Did you blow up your calibraton tube?

Doesn't sound like fun.

I have a bulldozer nozzle that's designed for cleaning the bottom of a pipe, but cured pipe will be very hard to dissolve.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah, we shot a liner, saw the 4x6 transition, no problem. What I didn't catch was a 6x8 transition. My camera was glitching that day, screen kept going in and out, so i must have missed that transition. Never seen a pipe do that on residential. So the liner expanded into the 8" and blew up. It was such a long run and blew up at the end so we didn't here it or notice it until the pipe cured and we viewed it on the camera. Sounds like bursting is the only option?

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
          Yeah, we shot a liner, saw the 4x6 transition, no problem. What I didn't catch was a 6x8 transition. My camera was glitching that day, screen kept going in and out, so i must have missed that transition. Never seen a pipe do that on residential. So the liner expanded into the 8" and blew up. It was such a long run and blew up at the end so we didn't here it or notice it until the pipe cured and we viewed it on the camera. Sounds like bursting is the only option?
          I ran into a home where the sewer went from 4" to 10" talk about an oversized line. The run from the front of the house to the city sewer was only 60' so there was no need for 10" line. We ended up digging it all up and replacing it all with 6".

What brand camera you all are using? The first camera system I seen was an UMSI that the city of Naperville used on a line I got my rod hung up in. Picture quality was not bad, it showed that I was just bound up in a large root ball. But when they were pulling out the screen went black. The first village guy said "Don't tell me the camera head came apart again!" The second guy then replied " No no, it shouldn't have I taped it up real good this time." When the got all the way out, it tuned out some sludge covered the recessed lens. But the fact they mentioned taping up the camera head to prevent it from coming apart, put it on my do not ever buy list. That next year I bought me a SeeSnake, and still using it till this day.

And just for those wondering how I got my cable out. Once I learned it was just the cutter caught in a massive ball of roots, I just torqued up the cable till it looked like a giant corkscrew, and gave it a tug. It broke free, I figured either the roots are going to let go, or the cutter will break. I had no fear about the cable since I know all my welds and the cable were still strong. The roots broke free in this case, and I cleared the remaining roots out of the sewer. That customer has yet to back up.
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Working...
          X