X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.25 eel cable

I just received some 1.25" electric eel cable with .5" inner core. that stuff sure is flexible. I think my 5/8 open wind is stiffer.

I know my 11/16 non innercore is stiffer. Well we will see how it works with a drill. I have to wait for my backordered 4' piece.

I thought that stuff would be stiff enough to span a ten foot opening and walk across.

Re: 1.25 eel cable

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
    I just received some 1.25" electric eel cable with .5" inner core. that stuff sure is flexible. I think my 5/8 open wind is stiffer.

I know my 11/16 non innercore is stiffer. Well we will see how it works with a drill. I have to wait for my backordered 4' piece.

I thought that stuff would be stiff enough to span a ten foot opening and walk across.

You went HD, the 7/16" innercore would have been fine.

Trust me, you wouldn't want it any stiffer.

Comment

My 1.25" Electric Eel is awesome. Will open any drain that can be opened.
      Will Rogers Plumbing
      Moore, Oklahoma
      (
      405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
      http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Your also going to want the 1' flexible leader on the front.

Comment

the 4 footer came in and I ordered up another 40' of cable, I'll need at least 120' to do any serious drain cleaning around here with this set up. but I'll have plenty of drains in the 70' and less to see how I like working with the drill.

Comment

the 4 footer came in and I ordered up another 40' of cable, I'll need at least 120' to do any serious drain cleaning around here with this set up. but I'll have plenty of drains in the 70' and less to see how I like working with the drill.

You da man !!!

Comment

Dang I'm all dressed up with no place to go. I need that 1 job under 70' with serious roots to try this thing out.

Oh ya I have 2 4" cutting heads I meant to get a 3 "and a 4"......my fault heck Ill cut a side off of one if need be.

Comment

Do you guys actually yous the drill or is it just a wind up,
                If its not a wind up is it better than the machine,what kind of drill and how do you join on the cable ?
                I know it's not as bulky and all that but holy cow,I'd love to see someone use it lol,
                Wouldn't it be hard on the drill: and arms,confusedold:
                Last edited by robie; 07-30-2013, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Been using my dewalt timberwolf for a good 5 plus years. The drill is rated for a 4 5/8" self feeding drill. So no it doesn't really strain the drill. Not too hard on the arms with a side handle and leather gloves.

But it takes a level of concentration and respect so you don't end up in the er or morgue

Not for the weak of heart or hand.

Rick. .
                  phoebe it is

Comment

well I used this set up on a few pretty good root blockages.

Lets just say," that dog can hunt"
                    Last edited by saysflushable; 08-05-2013, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X