X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jetter Question

I've got the JNW Big Brute. 4000 psi 9 gpm with 100 gallon water tank. I'm relatively new to jetting so i don't know all the tricks. I have a 300' / 3/8" hose on the jetter and a 200' 3/8" hose on the remote reel with a shut off valve on it. Majority of the time I'll use the remote reel. My question is, if I have the psi and pressure cranked all the way up and turn the shut off valve off on the remote reel while I run back to the jetter to turn the pressure down or to check the line with the camera, will that cause any damage? I haven't done this yet as Im afraid it might damage the pump. I always leave the jetter on the truck which can be a couple hundred feet away sometimes.
    Would a foot pedal be a better option for those situations or does it work in the same sense as the shutoff valve?

Re: Jetter Question

won't damage anything because your unloader opens up and cycles the water back into the tank. Congrats on the purchase.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Bens 100% right. The 100 gallon tank allows for cooling of the water being circulated. If this were a cart jetter without a holding tank, then after a couple minutes the water will get too hot and damage the pump packings.

Much safer with a foot pedal or spray wand then a ball valve. Something happens and you pull the hose out too far, you'd wish you had a spring loaded foot valve.

Another thing is 500' of 3/8" hose is a lot of pressure drop at 9gpm. I park on the street and rarely need more than 300' from a rear yard.

I'd buy a 100' hose to give you some options.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks gear.
        Rick, do you mean 100' to go from the jetter to the remote cart? Then have 200' on the reel?
        I ordered a foot pedal earlier today. Ill try that in place of the remote valve.

Comment

Its always best to use the least amount of hose. Its also cheaper to replace a short length than a 300' section.

For my 3/8" hoses, I have a 300' reel I rarely use. Another 100' section on the same reel and then 2-100' hoses and a 75' hose. Any can be used as a jumper or a jettter hose.

1/2" is a 500' continuous secton, then some other shorter hose. 100 & 200'.

1/4" reel is a 150' and 100' on the same reel. Then other loose combinations in the trailer.

3/16" are 100'

1/8" is both 100' and 50' sections.

Then plenty of adapters, reducers and quick connects between the hoses and jumpers.

Glad you went with a foot pedal. Hopefully a properly sized one for psi and gpm.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I have a Big Brute 4000 psi ( really only puts out 3600 psi ) 6 gallon cart jetter, it doesn't cut roots that great. But works good on other problems. How does yours do ? How about some pic's, do you tow it around or load it up in a van ? Thinking I need a larger size.

Comment

Rat, have you tried a root ranger?

With your specs 3600, 6gpm, a root ranger will make pulp out of the roots.

The trick is to know where your roots are located and then focus your cleaning at those marks.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                I have a Big Brute 4000 psi ( really only puts out 3600 psi ) 6 gallon cart jetter, it doesn't cut roots that great. But works good on other problems. How does yours do ? How about some pic's, do you tow it around or load it up in a van ? Thinking I need a larger size.
                roots out....4gpm 3500 psi.....gotta know what to do with what you got. Let me know if you have specific questions.
                Attached Files
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I keep it mounted in my lining and drain cleaning truck. You must have the Bruiser. I have the Big Brute. I used to pay a guy $300 to jet the roots out with his Spartan trailer when I do my sewer linings. Since I've had my jetter I haven't had to call him to remove them now. I haven't come across a set of roots that I couldn't get through. I have the warthog, root ranger and the root rat. Haven't used the root rat except for two times. I normally go in with the warthog for a few passes then check it out with the camera then hit the spots I missed with the root ranger. Normally jetting takes me 1-2 hours when removing roots. I use it strictly for sewer ling to remove roots so I haven't used it in grease or restaurants.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Rick I have the root ranger and it does a lot better than the wart hog. Last job was a small root ball in a dry 4 inch sewer about 75 in, I knew the RR would blast it out but I wanted to try the wart hog. 3 passes and no go. The RR did the job after 3 or 4 passes. I took it into Plumber Warehouse and had the nozzels check and they said they were ok. Not sure what size I need. Sierra thanks for the pic's are you sure that white water tank is 100 gallons ? What is the black tank for ?

Comment

The small white tank on the jetter is a12 gallon buffer tank which I rarely use. The black tank is the gas tank. The 100 gallon tank sits at the back of the truck behind the green generator.

Comment

More is always better in my book. You don't need more,, but more would be nice. 9gpm 4k psi is a very good size machine. Our 6gpm 4k has us wishing we had more sometimes. Oh well. Smile
                        Last edited by theplungerman; 08-25-2013, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X