Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mongoose jetters

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mongoose jetters

    I had the Mongoose jetter salesman bring a model 184. Very very nice. Anyone have experience with this unit? Thanks.

    David

  • #2
    Re: Mongoose jetters

    I ordered 1 last Tues. I'm excited and scared at the same time. I got the swivel reel, 4 way remote, aluminum tool boxes, traffic cone holder with 6 cones, chrome wheels, 1/2 warthog, gauge package, mounted garden hose on reel.
    It was more than us jett but in the same ball park after a little haggling.
    They said 6-8 weeks. Off the record he said maybe 3-4.
    I look at the pics of it every night. When I started researching jetters, mongoose is what I wanted. I hope it works out, I'm already marketing it and getting good responses and a couple jobs waiting,
    Only experience is a demo, but should work out. Haven't read anything bad on it and I've scoured the net every which way and Sunday.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Mongoose jetters

      Robert, seems like just months ago that you came out here to watch and get your hands and clothes dirty.

      went from the brute to the mongoose in a short time. sounds like jetting is treating you well.

      rick.
      phoebe it is

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Mongoose jetters

        It's kind of an aggressive move. It's also a retirement plan if you will. When I slow down, (54 now) I can jett a line here and there for the other plumbers who will never invest in one. I also don't feel like fighting tough blockages with 6gpm. And I have had many. One plumber told me, sorry but I don't have 2 1/2 hours to spare while you clear a tough root blockage,, and stopped calling me and started calling the guy with the big trailer jetter again . I'll get him back as he wants to call me. I also have connections who have connections to some big accounts that will never buy a trailer jetter.
        No guts no glory.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Mongoose jetters

          And your impressive jobs you have done with yours has motivated me as well, as your keen training and demo of your unit. I want that much power as well. Smile

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Mongoose jetters

            Brute is a good jetter to learn on without spending too much only to find you don't have the market for it or don't even like doing it. There is the back pressure misting and sewer aroma that some people just can't stand. Congrats on The Mongoose they are suppossed to be very nice jetters. You get 4000 psi? And what GPM? 18?
            Seattle Drain Service

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Mongoose jetters

              Hopefully they will not have all the bugs my us jetter had. Not just the lack of testing the unit before delivery, but all the defects that came with it. Then all the lies the owner kept telling me about this unit.

              Make sure to fully test it out before you pay them. I would have them come out to the first real job and give it a real workout.

              Also double check your dmv registration and bump up your gvwr to 15,000#. For the extra $165.00 a year it will save you a $4000.00 ticket. Trust me on that.

              Rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Mongoose jetters

                you got weighed on the road full of water and where over? I got pulled over and the guy put little scale matts by my tires and made me drive on them, I got lucky and was under but it was close.
                Seattle Drain Service

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Mongoose jetters

                  Mongoose are a side division Of SECA Sewer Equipment Company of America, they have made great jetters for years but started Mongoose to make smaller units for contractors as there main business is Municipalities.
                  Seattle Drain Service

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Mongoose jetters

                    Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                    Brute is a good jetter to learn on without spending too much only to find you don't have the market for it or don't even like doing it. There is the back pressure misting and sewer aroma that some people just can't stand. Congrats on The Mongoose they are suppossed to be very nice jetters. You get 4000 psi? And what GPM? 18?
                    I like Jetting, I have a market, and I love sewer problems. Model 184 18gpm 4000psi. Thanks

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Mongoose jetters

                      Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                      Hopefully they will not have all the bugs my us jetter had. Not just the lack of testing the unit before delivery, but all the defects that came with it. Then all the lies the owner kept telling me about this unit.

                      Make sure to fully test it out before you pay them. I would have them come out to the first real job and give it a real workout.

                      Also double check your dmv registration and bump up your gvwr to 15,000#. For the extra $165.00 a year it will save you a $4000.00 ticket. Trust me on that.

                      Rick.
                      Thanks, yeah I know I'm at about 9500 ish right now. Did you try to go to the judge and ask for a do over.
                      I'm gonna have them jet my building in long beach before I take delivery and after running it through all the paces. Thanks in part to you. They also offer 24/7 phone support. That could be interesting on a Fri night. I think Harben and mongoose use the same remote, the remotes are the same if that means anything but Harben doesn't do the reel payout retrieve.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Mongoose jetters

                        Nice info, thx guys.

                        David

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Mongoose jetters

                          Are you worried about the over hang on the swivel hose reel, looks like it will scrape on a steep drive way. Can you order it with 2 axels ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Mongoose jetters

                            Originally posted by sewer rat View Post
                            Are you worried about the over hang on the swivel hose reel, looks like it will scrape on a steep drive way. Can you order it with 2 axels ?
                            No not worried, yes can order 2 axels, but didn't, trailers will always be drama on a steep driveway,

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Mongoose jetters

                              Friend locally has the 184. No problems. To my knowledge, in larger jetters, good products are:

                              O'brien
                              John Bean
                              Mongoose
                              And heard good reviews of Harben.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X