Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a gorlitz is no match for my timberwolf

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
    I'm not going to say what is safe but I will say my drum machine is flat out dangerous. other drum machines and other means of cleaning drains have seemed safer so far. Take that for what it's worth

Which make/model are you talking about ?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      I know my Marco LT1000 will hurt you real fast if you are not careful. All drain cleaning machines have their dangers, just some more so than others.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I disagree, I've used 3 different drills, 300rpm DW124, 450rpm 1660-6 & 600rpm DS4011. I sold the Dewalt and I'm using the Milwaukee as a backup.

My Spartan 300 spins @ 300rpm and my Spartan @ 290rpm.

Yes there is a difference in the way the Model C and 1500 were designed to operate but IMO keeping the bit spinning is much more important running sectional cable, speed is king.
        I think you are asking to get your arms ripped off with those high speed drills. If I want High speed, I'll use my R750 and operate safely. 600 RPMS in your hands with no clutch is a recipe for disaster. Cutting out roots with a 1500 at high speeds is a completely different handling than the eel.
        Last edited by Swade Plumbing; 09-06-2013, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          I think you are asking to get your arms ripped off with those high speed drills. If I want High speed, I'll use my R750 and operate safely. 600 RPMS in your hands with no clutch is a recipe for disaster. Cutting out roots with a 1500 at high speeds is a completely different handling than the eel.

Anything's possible but if I didn't feel comfortable doing so I would not be doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post

Anything's possible but if I didn't feel comfortable doing so I would not be doing it. I'm now using this setup on around 40% of my main line calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Will Rogers Plumbing View Post
              You are aware that the DW124 has a clutch in low speed right?
              Yes, though the E-clutch is what has always saved my A$$ when I jammed it up.

A Timberwolf also has a mechanical slip clutch in low does it not???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZSQtAFSLY
              Last edited by OkieBill; 09-06-2013, 06:17 PM.

Comment

I like being there hero, and I have many stories to impress. But not like you morons using drills hooked to cables to open blockages. Lol
                There's studly and stupid. I think you guys are stupid and asking for it.
                I got a full line up of gorlitz for drains. A camera and a jetter. If these are used correctly I can safely accomplish what you idiots are doing with these drills.
                Sometimes I think the roots are easier to cut in the other part of the country but rick is in on this. So that's that. I could do what you other imbeciles are doing but I want to assure my chances of being able to hit and see a tennis ball as I grow older. Go ahead you brainless studs and be careful. Lol.

Comment

It is a power tool so the dangers are inherent. I figure I'm not touching the cable, I'm behind the cable not on the side of it,

I try to use the drill set up on all my main drain calls, so far so good

Comment

Mytana M81. low speed high torque. the drum doesn[t slow down the machine shows know sign of being over torqued except for what the cable is doing. worst of all the reverse switch can't be reached with your foot. .

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                      Mytana M81. low speed high torque. the drum doesn[t slow down the machine shows know sign of being over torqued except for what the cable is doing. worst of all the reverse switch can't be reached with your foot. .

The M81 is a beast. It wouldn't go down many basements around here unless it was disassembled. I sometimes have trouble or cannot get my 300 down some of these tight wicked stairs. Then there are the hoarders
                      Last edited by AssTyme; 09-07-2013, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                        I like being there hero, and I have many stories to impress. But not like you morons using drills hooked to cables to open blockages. Lol
                        There's studly and stupid. I think you guys are stupid and asking for it.
                        I got a full line up of gorlitz for drains. A camera and a jetter. If these are used correctly I can safely accomplish what you idiots are doing with these drills.
                        Sometimes I think the roots are easier to cut in the other part of the country but rick is in on this. So that's that. I could do what you other imbeciles are doing but I want to assure my chances of being able to hit and see a tennis ball as I grow older. Go ahead you brainless studs and be careful. Lol.
                        I have a GO68HD and it is by far the most dangerous sewer machine on the market and it's not even close. It's dangerous to use, and dangerous to move....

Drill and Eel is maybe the safest mainline machine to use outside of the Model C.
                        Will Rogers Plumbing
                        Moore, Oklahoma
                        (
                        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
                          Yes, though the E-clutch is what has always saved my A$$ when I jammed it up.

A Timberwolf also has a mechanical slip clutch in low does it not???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ZSQtAFSLY
                          Yes it's only in low speed. With the Drill and Eel though you would use the high speed setting, only the low speed
                          Will Rogers Plumbing
                          Moore, Oklahoma
                          (
                          405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
                          http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

I have a GO68HD and it is by far the most dangerous sewer machine on the market and it's not even close. It's dangerous to use, and dangerous to move....

Drill and Eel is maybe the safest mainline machine to use outside of the Model C.

I'm not sure why anyone would want to use a big azz clumsy & dangerous sled style machine

Comment

I'm not sure why anyone would want to use a big azz clumsy & dangerous sled style machine
                              Cuz it's what I grew up on.
                              Out here on the correct coast in the concrete jungle with virtually no basements it just makes sense I guess.

Comment

Move? If u got a bad back I guess.
                                Dangerous if you jam it in and hope.
                                Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X