X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rodding big pipes

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
    Hey Red,

The jobs I turned down were over the phone so the particulars were unknown then.

The Model C set up is here so I'm going to start soliciting more commercial work.

Average residential main lines run from 60 to 160' for me.
    Lots of guys turn down anything over 100' so I get more of it.

Ran 165 footer this week with the Model C.
    It's still a LOT of work clipping together that much 8 foot cable in a tight basement.

If it was easy everybody would do it.

As I said a jetter for me is unjustifiable.
    What I wanted to tell you was this -The k-60 will work will in 6" pipe out 180' although that's pushing it.I try to stay within 120' if possible.If need be the 1500 or the jetter will do.While I do not travel to your state,most of the states around the country I have seen most lines seem to be within 150' in length. I'am sure your set up will work fine.

Comment

Used the eel cable and drill combo today. Muddy ground and lawn from the uncommon rain but this worked out way better then anything else. Liked working standing and not kneeling in the mud.
      Attached Files
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Back to the k-60,For years,I saw the ads in the Cleaner mags.,but would not purchase one.After coming off a ladder in 2002 and shattering an ankle,I purchased one as many times roof access is the is the way to go in my area.Now appx. 12 years later,I do not plan,and will not if possible be without one. The cables are stout enough to tackle most of what most drain cleaners will run into.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          Used the eel cable and drill combo today. Muddy ground and lawn from the uncommon rain but this worked out way better then anything else. Liked working standing and not kneeling in the mud.
          Since,I first seen the drill and ell setup, I think about trying it out ,but never have.Thanks to all the members who share their experience with one.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Have yet to see an outside clean-out on residential here in Minnesota.
            A few in commercial.

Finding it in the snow could be interesting.

Hole Hawg?

Comment

A few in commercial.

Hole Hawg?
              The k-60 works well in basements.We have them here in Mississippi.When our path takes us to Chicago,St.Louis,Witicha,etc;I have carried mine along and unclogged family members who had been told they had collasped lines or some such,It has always been root/grease buildup.most of the time within 1 hour.If you have or can rent/borrow, one try it.It might become a starter member on your go to starting tool lineup.

Comment

A few in commercial.

Hole Hawg?
                Dewalt. Outside cleanouts are the norm up here. For anyone getting the eel setup, use electric eel cable, not general. The general has a tighter wind and feeds in slower.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thought you said Roddy's Bag Pipes

Comment

Working...
                  X