X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sharktooth quiz

What size are these cutters?
    Attached Files
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Re: sharktooth quiz

5" and 8"
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Since im not an expert in carpet fibers, I think ill pass on scaling the cutters.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I think I know what you're getting at. I believe they both started out the same size (either 6" or 4"). The one on the right is just bent. Looks like you hit an offset or some other maligned pipe connection. I've had that happen to my cutters occasionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
          I think I know what you're getting at. I believe they both started out the same size (either 6" or 4"). The one on the right is just bent. Looks like you hit an offset or some other maligned pipe connection. I've had that happen to my cutters occasionally.

This also happens to my Spartan type bits when starting in 4" cast then eventually entering a 6" main. That's why I love the HD Eel bits, no way that's going to happen.

Comment

Right on Swade Plumbing.

I was going back and forth over a hard spot and it did not feel right so I started pulling back out. There was a lot of resistence on the cable so I thought it must have been roots. When the end came out there was nothing but an enlarged cutter. My 6" cutter is now a 7" cutter. I thought it was funny that a 6" cutter can get stretched in a 6" pipe.

Comment

Offset for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
                Right on Swade Plumbing.

I was going back and forth over a hard spot and it did not feel right so I started pulling back out. There was a lot of resistence on the cable so I thought it must have been roots. When the end came out there was nothing but an enlarged cutter. My 6" cutter is now a 7" cutter. I thought it was funny that a 6" cutter can get stretched in a 6" pipe.

Was the 6" blade actually 6" when new ? Some manufacturers under size them up to an inch or more.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  Was the 6" blade actually 6" when new ? Some manufacturers under size them up to an inch or more.
                  I have check the 6" cutters a few time and they are 6". Sometime a little over or a little under. I bought a 5" cutter that was 5.5 inches. I buy ridgid cutters and I check them once in awhile and they are pretty much on. They are not extactly the same every time. There is a little variation.

Comment

Working...
                  X