X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical height with jetter?

How far up a vertical stack has anyone gone with their jetters? I have a 3500 psi/ 8 gpm cart unit but are there limits just because of gravity? I have to do 40 yr old 2" galvanized condensate stack that is 80 ft high but I don't want to pop holes in it either......

Re: Vertical height with jetter?

8gpm requires 3/8" hose and 3/8" hose is heavy. You might get much more pull with 1/4" @ 5gpm which is plenty for 2".

I don't think you'll get 80' more like 40-50' with an agressive 3 rear 15 degree drill pattern. My 1/4" stainless hose is the lightest weight I have.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Send a line down via cable, rod, pex, etc.
      Tow it up.

Comment

I used to be able to get my 3/16" jet hose on a 5gpm 5000psi jetter to reach 10 levels or 30m (90') before relocating to the next level. I would start in the basement and clear up 30m and down, then take my 1/4" main hose up the fire stairs and join it to my remote mini reel at level 20 (60m high). From level 20 I could run downstream 30m and upstream 30m thus clearing a 30 level building in an hour on my own.
        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X