X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ugly glove review

I am rating these gloves based on 1.25" cable at 700 rpm.
    Comfort = A. Like the average rubber type glove they hold moister but the nubs on the outside give these gloves a padding over your hands.
    Grip = A. Like the average rubber type glove these are not made for picking up small objects but for pulling roots off of your cables it is like your hands are vise grips. Sometimes the roots would not let go of the glove.
    Endurance = F. These gloves did not last 5 jobs. No problem with the nubs but the PVC would get small chunk's come off. This type of PVC is poor quality.

The orange glove is 3mil and the yellow glove is 6mil = the wear factor was the same.
    I will have to go back to my nitrile gloves.
    Last edited by kol 15; 09-12-2013, 11:31 PM.
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Re: ugly glove review

Pvc ugly gloves don't holdup to high speed sectional cables. I stick with leather welding gloves. Higher cuff and thicker palm.
    3, pack at harbor freight for under 10.00 and they last a long time.

Nytril gloves are for use under the gloves. Don't wear them in contact with the cable or they will get wound up in the cable.

Just got a shipment of 1000 black nytril gloves.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I do have a thin glove called nitrile that comes in a box of 100. I do not use these on the cables.
      The nitrile/pvc gloves I use with the cables is like the ugly glove but without the nubs. These have worked out nice for me. They also protect from chemicals.

Welding gloves, interesting. I will check this out. Thank you.

Comment

Leather gloves get poo (water) logged.

Ugly gloves retain too much poo/grease.

I use the Ansell 24-362 Grappler gloves

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          Pvc ugly gloves don't holdup to high speed sectional cables. I stick with leather welding gloves. Higher cuff and thicker palm.
          3, pack at harbor freight for under 10.00 and they last a long time.

Nytril gloves are for use under the gloves. Don't wear them in contact with the cable or they will get wound up in the cable.

Just got a shipment of 1000 black nytril gloves.

Rick.
          Yes I always found the welder gloves the best when running a cable machine the high cuffs help to protect your wrists from the slapping of the cable
          JERRYMAC
          E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
          CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
          FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
          SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
            Leather gloves get poo (water) logged.

Ugly gloves retain too much poo/grease.

I use the Ansell 24-362 Grappler gloves
            I have heard of these gloves and tried to get but I was told they stopped making them. I will look around again.

Comment

drum machine and the k50 I wear the ugly gloves with nitrile gloves under them. K60 I wear the glove with staples in it. I always cut the gloves so they are off my wrists. They are about a half inch below my wrists

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
                drum machine and the k50 I wear the ugly gloves with nitrile gloves under them. K60 I wear the glove with staples in it. I always cut the gloves so they are off my wrists. They are about a half inch below my wrists
                The glove with staples I use when going through heavy roots, cable going in slow.

I like the gloves going pass my wrist - keeps sewer water from flying onto me. More of my arm is covered.

Comment

Don't know how toxic your no.2's are but ours can be pretty saucy downunder. I actually use a red PVC gauntlet glove whichOI generally chuck out after each use. When using cables I put the ridged glove over the top so that hands are always protected. Problem with all gloves though is you sweat pretty bad as you work hard.

Comment

Glad someone mentioned sweat. With Nytril gloves sweat fills up to the point where it pours out.
                    Same with the rest of you?

What do surgeons wear during long operations or do we just work that much harder?

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
                      Glad someone mentioned sweat. With Nytril gloves sweat fills up to the point where it pours out.

What do surgeons wear during long operations or do we just work that much harder?
                      Got that right, we work harder than they do everytime. Mind you we both "bury our mistakes" too................!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fixitright View Post
                        This is what happens when you have a waterproof glove that is skin tight.

Surgeons work in a very cool room and their work is more techinal than physical.

Comment

I've worn or tried the majority of hand protection as most of you.

For general working gloves this is it. http://www.west-chester.net/ProductD...d=713SNC&mid=1

You can get a 5 pack for $5.00 (sale goes in cycles at HD, Lowes, WalMart, etc.) and they will surprise you how long they last. Sometimes they will be orange, black, or blue in the 5 pack. But they are the same in my experience.

Nitrile, not rubber, so you don't get the "glove stink" with others that look similar.

Some liquid protection with breathability.

Overall, the best for general work. Others that I've gotten to try them first said..."They'll fall apart the first day." Then they become a convert from their leather, rubber, etc. gloves they use for most things.

Then I put on leather gloves over them for cable work.
                          Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 09-14-2013, 11:25 PM.

Comment

Here's a comparable type from Blue Hawk at Lowes. I've used them as well with the same performance.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_67271-94953-LW37120/L5P_0__?storeNumber=0138&selectedLocalStoreBeanArr ay=[com.lowes.commerce.storelocator.beans.LocatorStore Bean%404b624b62]&productId=3516488&ipTrail=74.177.143.29

Comment

Originally posted by BobsPlumbing View Post
                              Some liquid protection with breathability.
                              Dealing with sewer water(some with very little water) I very much like complete waterproof gloves. A must have when going to those houses that use acid and it does not open the drain up.

Comment

Working...
                              X