Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

    I had a new batch of shirts made

    This time some short sleeve for those hot days.

    I picked up the new order, and after I got home I noticed the shirts and not 100% cotton they are a blend of polyester and cotton?
    My thoughts are the polyester will melt and not react well to drain cleaners ?

    Any thoughts ?
    Sent From The StoolBus

    www.appletondrainandsewer.com

    Appleton WI, 54915
    1-920-284-7471

  • #2
    Re: I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

    A splash/sprinkle of Drano on the shirt, I think you're screwed either way.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

      Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
      I had a new batch of shirts made

      This time some short sleeve for those hot days.

      I picked up the new order, and after I got home I noticed the shirts and not 100% cotton they are a blend of polyester and cotton?
      My thoughts are the polyester will melt and not react well to drain cleaners ?

      Any thoughts ?
      I assume you mean the drain cleaner put in not by you, but by a customer before you got on site. Then charge any wardrobe damage to the customer for using that stuff.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

        Originally posted by hochwald View Post
        I assume you mean the drain cleaner put in not by you, but by a customer before you got on site. Then charge any wardrobe damage to the customer for using that stuff.


        That would be a good way to lose customers. Also, most of the time you don't notice the damage until hours later or after washing.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

          yes customer installed drain cleaner.

          i have gotten drain cleaner on my cotton shirts and had no issue yet.

          but i am curious about what would happen with the poly blend ?
          Sent From The StoolBus

          www.appletondrainandsewer.com

          Appleton WI, 54915
          1-920-284-7471

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

            Originally posted by appletondrain View Post
            yes customer installed drain cleaner.

            i have gotten drain cleaner on my cotton shirts and had no issue yet.

            but i am curious about what would happen with the poly blend ?


            What color were these shirts ? I haven't had such luck

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

              black.
              Ok let me rephrase, you can see some discoloring but the cotton shirt doesn't dissolve or burn to your skin. This is what I don’t want to happen with the poly blend mix new shirts.
              Sent From The StoolBus

              www.appletondrainandsewer.com

              Appleton WI, 54915
              1-920-284-7471

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

                Mine are a 50/50 blend. I haven't noticed them being any better or worse then 100%.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I had a new batch of shirts made i have a question ?

                  Would it be worth it to get a cheap shop/lab coat for protection on the jobs that your not sure of what was put in before hand to protect your self?

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X