• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AssTyme
    replied
    Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
    You must be doing something wrong if bad things happen with your 300. Haven't come across many lines that I couldn't open with it. Never broken a cable. Key to pulling this one out was being close enough to the main roots.

Been there, done that, moved on.......

Why fight a root infested line for hours on end with the possibility of getting stuck, breaking or flipping a cable when I can almost always tear it up in no time with my 1.25" cable

Leave a comment:

• Sierra2000
    replied

4000 psi. 9 gpm. 300' x 3/8" hose.

Leave a comment:

• BobsPlumbing
    replied

Nicely done.

What kind of jetter specs?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Sierra2000
    replied

You must be doing something wrong if bad things happen with your 300. Haven't come across many lines that I couldn't open with it. Never broken a cable. Key to pulling this one out was being close enough to the main roots.

Leave a comment:

• AssTyme
    replied

Very nice catch but the root mass must have been fairly lose. Although the 300 with the .55mag is an excellent medium duty machine I will not knowingly put it in any 6" line with roots or a root packed 4" line. Bad things can & will happen.
    Last edited by AssTyme; 09-21-2013, 08:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sierra2000
    replied

Majority of them are 6". I've come across a handful that are 4". 5 minutes of cabling and 90 minutes of the Bosch will surely make you sweat. Jetted it twice last week from another cleanout 100' away and couldn't put a dent in it. Cleaned up nice though today with the jetter.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

Nice catch. Aren't your saddles 6" in Pasadena? Out here everything from property line out is 6".

Lots of sweat for 5 minutes on a 74 degree day. Must have been the 60# bosch hammer.

I see you have a photo crew too.

Rick.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X