X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

Gear, Plungerman, Rick thanks for the tips with the front root ranger.

Comment

A 4.5 nozzle is about as big as you want when going forward.too big and you'll never hold it in place. Its a hole opener and a blower, not a great full bore cleaner in the front. You'll still have to follow up and clean the line with a rear nozzle or root ranger.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Does the 4.5 stand for gallons, you use 1/2 inch with a 4.5? Sorry I'm ignorant. Can u please enlighten me.

Comment

A 4.5 at 4000# is 4.5gpm. I use 1/4" with a forward ranger as I need to push it in with a cable. My large self propelled rotors are either 3/8" @ 12 gpm or 1/2" @ 18gpm. My favorite is the 3/8" as it pulls through fittings much easier. 1/2" is a stiff hose in 4" fittings.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            A 4.5 at 4000# is 4.5gpm. I use 1/4" with a forward ranger as I need to push it in with a cable. My large self propelled rotors are either 3/8" @ 12 gpm or 1/2" @ 18gpm. My favorite is the 3/8" as it pulls through fittings much easier. 1/2" is a stiff hose in 4" fittings.

Rick.
            Thanks for that,.
            But if you knew you were up against a major root intrusion and you wanted to give it the ol heave hoe, would the self propelled 3/8 and or
            1/2 have more clearing power than the 4.5.

Comment

Yes and no. The front rotor is for penetration on the stoppage. It's great to blast through root infested lines. But it is not a pipe cleaner. The rear propulsion helps to wash the pipe, but its still needs to be cleaned with a wall washing nozzle. Its also a great pusher nozzle for blasting debris downstream out to the main.

Once you get the line flowing, then you can safely jet without major fear of backing up.

When you get your mongoose, ill let you demo my self propelled forward rotor.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                Yes and no. The front rotor is for penetration on the stoppage. It's great to blast through root infested lines. But it is not a pipe cleaner. The rear propulsion helps to wash the pipe, but its still needs to be cleaned with a wall washing nozzle. Its also a great pusher nozzle for blasting debris downstream out to the main.

Once you get the line flowing, then you can safely jet without major fear of backing up.

When you get your mongoose, ill let you demo my self propelled forward rotor.

Rick.
                You know I wasn't clear. My goal was to determine the best way to get flow, to get thru,,,,,. Then yeah a root ranger etc to finish off.
                Oct 13 is the date scheduled for it to roll off the assembly line. Thanks Rick.

Comment

Working...
                X