Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

    Don't doubt the Spartan 300 with the .55 cable. Almost 7.5 feet long. Was chocking the whole 4" pipe. Pulled it back on the second attempt, 5 minutes. Went behind with the jetter to clean it up. This was at the city saddle. Looks like its been growing for years.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

    Nice catch. Aren't your saddles 6" in Pasadena? Out here everything from property line out is 6".

    Lots of sweat for 5 minutes on a 74 degree day. Must have been the 60# bosch hammer.

    I see you have a photo crew too.

    Rick.
    phoebe it is

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

      Majority of them are 6". I've come across a handful that are 4". 5 minutes of cabling and 90 minutes of the Bosch will surely make you sweat. Jetted it twice last week from another cleanout 100' away and couldn't put a dent in it. Cleaned up nice though today with the jetter.
      Attached Files

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

        Very nice catch but the root mass must have been fairly lose. Although the 300 with the .55mag is an excellent medium duty machine I will not knowingly put it in any 6" line with roots or a root packed 4" line. Bad things can & will happen.
        Last edited by AssTyme; 09-21-2013, 09:56 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

          You must be doing something wrong if bad things happen with your 300. Haven't come across many lines that I couldn't open with it. Never broken a cable. Key to pulling this one out was being close enough to the main roots.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

            Nicely done.

            What kind of jetter specs?

            Thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

              4000 psi. 9 gpm. 300' x 3/8" hose.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

                Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
                You must be doing something wrong if bad things happen with your 300. Haven't come across many lines that I couldn't open with it. Never broken a cable. Key to pulling this one out was being close enough to the main roots.


                Been there, done that, moved on.......

                Why fight a root infested line for hours on end with the possibility of getting stuck, breaking or flipping a cable when I can almost always tear it up in no time with my 1.25" cable

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

                  Sierra, how does that big abs cutter work for you vs a saw?
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

                    Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
                    Majority of them are 6". I've come across a handful that are 4". 5 minutes of cabling and 90 minutes of the Bosch will surely make you sweat. Jetted it twice last week from another cleanout 100' away and couldn't put a dent in it. Cleaned up nice though today with the jetter.
                    Could you not cable the sewer out from the cleanout 100 feet away?
                    Is the ground out there that hard that you need a jackhammer? The ground looks really dry.

                    Nice catch. Were you surprised? I bet the homeowner was.
                    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

                      Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      Been there, done that, moved on.......

                      Why fight a root infested line for hours on end with the possibility of getting stuck, breaking or flipping a cable when I can almost always tear it up in no time with my 1.25" cable
                      Good for you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

                        ABS cutter makes a nice clean cut. I'm really just a tool whore though. I saw it and had to have it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

                          Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
                          Could you not cable the sewer out from the cleanout 100 feet away?
                          Is the ground out there that hard that you need a jackhammer? The ground looks really dry.

                          Nice catch. Were you surprised? I bet the homeowner was.
                          Tried to cable from hat far away and couldn't do any damage. Homeowner had other guys out and couldn't get it either. Jackhammer cuts down on the digging time. Altadena is full of rocks and hard soil.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

                            Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
                            Tried to cable from hat far away and couldn't do any damage. Homeowner had other guys out and couldn't get it either. Jackhammer cuts down on the digging time. Altadena is full of rocks and hard soil.


                            Should have fed it some 1.25" cable would have saved homeowner a lot of coin & a big mess

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Caught a big one with the Spartan 300

                              Originally posted by Sierra2000 View Post
                              Good for you.


                              It is what it is..........

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X