Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How Could I Go Wrong........ Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How Could I Go Wrong........

    I didn't, plugged it in & it runs fine

    April 2013 manufacturer date looks like it was used once and returned to store.

    Sorry Rick I now have 4 in my van and 4 on ice



    Ridgid Hand Held Drain Cleaner w Autofeed 5217 | eBay
    Last edited by AssTyme; 09-25-2013, 10:36 AM.

  • #2
    Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

    How may backup do you need?
    I wonder how long it will last.
    Maybe they put the wrong one in the box.
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

      One K50 would've been less money, less space and do a better job then all those K45s.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

        Wow. I am looking at the K50 more than the K45 more and more now.
        Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

          Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
          How may backup do you need?
          I wonder how long it will last.
          Maybe they put the wrong one in the box.


          The one I use the most is a K-39AF I bought back in July 2010, still runs like new. Has cleared several hundred lines.

          I keep 4 in the van each with a different cable.

          Why do I have 4 on ice ? I can't turn them down at the price I get them for, chit the cable alone is worth around $35.00 on eBay.

          Nothing more versatile than the Ridgid pistol rodder for small lines. It easily goes overhead, fits tight to the opening under cramped sinks, light weight, 2 way power feed, keeps most of the mess in da drum, 600rpm....

          I could go on but it's time for a shower and a few beers

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

            Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
            Wow. I am looking at the K50 more than the K45 more and more now.


            Don't be fooled

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

              A k50 with 5/8" cable will clean 10 times better than a 5/16" cable with no cutterhead. Also the k50 will run the 5/16" and 3/8" drum cables too.

              Plus the 5/8" will get through a 2" trap with cutters and a 1.5" trap with the reverse auger.

              Rick.
              phoebe it is

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

                Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                A k50 with 5/8" cable will clean 10 times better than a 5/16" cable with no cutterhead. Also the k50 will run the 5/16" and 3/8" drum cables too.

                Plus the 5/8" will get through a 2" trap with cutters and a 1.5" trap with the reverse auger.

                Rick.



                And my call backs on small lines cleared with my pistol rodders are about 0.05%


                Who needs all the prep drama & extra weight that goes with a K-Silly ???
                Last edited by AssTyme; 09-25-2013, 10:09 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

                  Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  And my call backs on small lines cleared with my pistol rodders are about 0.05%


                  Who needs all the prep drama & extra weight that goes with a K-Silly ???
                  It's not about calbacks because who would leave a sink not draining. Its about how well its cleaned.

                  A 5/16" bulb head cable doesn't come close to a 5/8" sectional cable with cutter.

                  Run a camera into a drain that you used your pistol on and then run a camera that a 5/8" sectional has passed through. Not even close. All a 5/16" cable does is poke a hole and grab some hair. It clears the stoppage, not cleans the pipe.

                  Showers and laundry stand pipes get the 5/8" cable. Along with floor drains and floor sinks. 1.5"-2" Cleanouts get the 5/8" cable or even the 7/8" cable. Tubs get the 5/16" cable as it's too easy to destroy a waste and overflow on a tub.

                  Rick.
                  phoebe it is

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

                    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                    It's not about calbacks because who would leave a sink not draining. Its about how well its cleaned.

                    A 5/16" bulb head cable doesn't come close to a 5/8" sectional cable with cutter.

                    Run a camera into a drain that you used your pistol on and then run a camera that a 5/8" sectional has passed through. Not even close. All a 5/16" cable does is poke a hole and grab some hair. It clears the stoppage, not cleans the pipe.

                    Showers and laundry stand pipes get the 5/8" cable. Along with floor drains and floor sinks. 1.5"-2" Cleanouts get the 5/8" cable or even the 7/8" cable. Tubs get the 5/16" cable as it's too easy to destroy a waste and overflow on a tub.

                    Rick.


                    If I were to shoot any given rabbit with my 9mm once it would most likely be dead.... if I were to shoot that very same rabbit several more times it would still most likely just be dead............


                    I'm just sayin'..........................

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

                      Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      If I were to shoot any given rabbit with my 9mm once it would most likely be dead.... if I were to shoot that very same rabbit several more times it would still most likely just be dead............


                      I'm just sayin'..........................
                      Hopefully you understand the difference between a line that is cleared but not cleaned. Doesn't take much of a hole to make things flow. But it takes the right size equipment to clean a line properly.

                      You should, you have a camera.

                      Rick.
                      phoebe it is

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

                        Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                        Hopefully you understand the difference between a line that is cleared but not cleaned. Doesn't take much of a hole to make things flow. But it takes the right size equipment to clean a line properly.

                        You should, you have a camera.

                        Rick.



                        Then I guess it's time for the jetter.............

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

                          O no.....................


                          Jetter vs cable.....................

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

                            Jetter can cause problems too. Knocking off heavy scale will not flush out. In fact it flushes back towards the opening. Jetting in plastic or clay is fine. Jeting in gal pipe or heavy scaled cast can be an issue if you get to agressive.

                            But I rarely jet inside. Yesterday was a restraunt, bar and it was preventative. Snaking is not a good preventative when it comes to commercial kitchens.

                            Rick.
                            phoebe it is

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How Could I Go Wrong........

                              The 5/16 cable is very flexible. This is nice for those sharp corners.
                              The 5/8 cable is bigger and little more stiff. This is nice because this pushes the blockage more than the blockage pushing it and the cable helps in cleaning.
                              It is like a drum machine with a small cable campared to a 1.25" cable. The 1.25" cable is more likely to do more cleaning of the pipe than the drum machine cable.
                              But each cable does have its benefits.
                              Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X