Had A Flat Tire Today..........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Had A Flat Tire Today..........

That looks like an off road tire. Is that standard? The few drum machines that I have seen have smooth tires.
    If pnuematic tires improve I guessing the 300 is kind of heavy. How much does it weigh?
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
      That looks like an off road tire. Is that standard? The few drum machines that I have seen have smooth tires.
      If pnuematic tires improve I guessing the 300 is kind of heavy. How much does it weigh?

Yes standard Spartan tire. Machine weighs around 170lbs loaded with 107' of .55 magnum.

Comment

one thing a person can do to rescue the rim with a tube in it is to use duct tape,

At one time I ran ballast in my tractor rears, (very corrosive to steel) any way the rims are not very good on the inside as if a tube leaked the calcium chloride would leak in to the rim, to save replacing the rims, you wrap them with duct tape over the rough pits the rust left, (not on the bead, but the center of the rim). and it will protect the tube from the rust damage,

one of the pictures show the tape on where the tire bead sets, I would not suggest to tape in the area of the bead,
        Attached Files
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
          Yes standard Spartan tire. Machine weighs around 170lbs loaded with 107' of .55 magnum.
          Now I can see how air tires are a benefit for that size of machine, very much so on sod.
          Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Comment

Working...
          X