X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-1500 key holster

Name:  a591175a759b59f986e8bf7acfeacda6.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  148.6 KBI drilled a hole in the handle of the awl to hang on the cutter holder on the side of the K-1500. This was going a little slower than with the key that came with the machine. So I took a piece of 1/2" pipe and taped it on the back of the machine as a holster for the awl. Grab it right out and drop it in. Works nice but needs to be in the front of the machine. So I taped a pipe in the front on both sides so I can work from either side. Wow, on the first job I know this is the way to go. Now time to make permanent holsters.
    Last edited by kol 15; 10-12-2013, 08:30 PM.
    Roots beware of the C snake with shark teeth.

Re: K-1500 key holster

I carry my uncoupling tool in my back pocket. No room on drill for holster

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      I carry my uncoupling tool in my back pocket. No room on drill for holster
      Sounds like your pocket gets dirty or wet. Are you grabbing your tool with your gloves on? Back pocket = you ought to make a holster to put on the side of your leg.

You must do alot of connecting and unconnecting with the drill?

Comment

For my "tool" for my sectional cable I attached the tool to a retractable key ring/holder and then I clip it to my belt or pocket.
        Then the tool is always within reach and hard to set it down and lose it.

Comment

I use a scratch awl and stick it in the ground during use. Most of my jobs involve outside cleanouts. If ridgid was going to design a better unlocking tool for the sectional cable(hello in Ohio), it would be a scratch awl with a triangular, bright orange, smooth plastic handle. Triangular so it won't roll down the roof, orange(or ridgid red) so it's easy to see, and smooth so sewer gunk doesn't get trapped in the grooves.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I usually have a roofing nail in my shirt pocket for the K50. I haven't figured out a good spot for the tool for the eel cable, It never seems to be where I need it. now that I cut one of the notch's off the eel to drill adaptor I don't use the tool near as much

Comment

I might have the one and only 2 way pin tool ridgid ever designed. Problem was it was a converted 4 in 1 screwdriver with the large and small phillips bits turned into a pin key. Large k1500 and k60, small k50.

Too big and bulky.

I'm with Ben. Stick it in the ground. When done I store it in the rear adjusting collar where the hose clips onto.

Rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

^^It might be just me but when I stow in that location the tool always gets lost in transport or somewhere else on the way.^^

Comment

I cable tie the ridgid pin onto the glove through the eyelet , seems to work okay.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by kol 15 View Post
                    Sounds like your pocket gets dirty or wet. Are you grabbing your tool with your gloves on? Back pocket = you ought to make a holster to put on the side of your leg.

You must do alot of connecting and unconnecting with the drill?

I never touch the cable when rodding, only to connect/disconnect the cable. I only wear the disposable gloves when using this setup.

Comment

The left side is 3/8" ss tube. This holds the tool well but if not good lighting it was kind of difficult to hit the holster hole. On the other side is 1/2" copper. The bigger opening makes it easier to hit. I put this holster a little lower because sometimes I need to run the machine with my foot.

I think the ss looks better but I like the 1/2" opening more.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I like the look of the stainless too. Does it fit snugly or flop around a bit?

Comment

Originally posted by BuffaloPlumber View Post
                          I like the look of the stainless too. Does it fit snugly or flop around a bit?
                          the 3/8 has a little play. No drag pulling in and out.

Comment

Working...
                          X