Ridgid k-50- good for roots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid k-50- good for roots?

I've been lugging around my older spartan 1065 for the past year. It's a beast and will bust through any blockage, but it weighs a ton. almost all of my calls are I have to go to the basement clean out. I'm looking for something easier to get in an out of basements. Looking at the ridgid k50. But I was looking for feedback on how good it does with cleaning out roots. Thanks 💩💩💩

Re: Ridgid k-50- good for roots?

the K50 is NOT a root machine. It is rated for up to 4" pipe with the C-9 cables, but only soft blockages. A K60 will do roots in 4" and some 6", but not long runs of 6".

If you want a machine with the same capacity as your 1065, then you need to be looking at the K-1500. The 1.25" cables will handle just about anything.

Comment

I'd go for the 1-1/4 cable with the drill setup. Saysflushable got this setup a couple months ago just for basements and he tells me he really likes it. Ask him his thoughts
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I'd been mad if I'd spent that much money on a machine and come to find out I couldn't use it for roots. I've never used a sectional machine but I look into some of your suggestions.

Comment

the k-60 is the best all around machine out there. will easily clean 1.5''- 4'' and 6'' with inner core cable. been a believer since 7/1/06 and a preacher thereafter.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I like the k-1500a. It's a good machine for 3" and larger pipes. Used the new setup just last week. The A frame is much more stable than I had thought and the ability to carry a spool underneath is awesome for a one-man-show. I've never used a k60 so I cant comment on that but if you love hard work, the 1500 is your machine, and it will never let you down! The customer likes to see their guy work hard, too.
            ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

Working...
            X