Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    what's funny Is that both harben and usjetting are right around the corner from you in Georgia.

wise choice.

rick.

I never got around to visiting US Jetter, they are 10 miles from my house. The ones I've seen around town were not up to the quality of the Mongoose. Harben is a great pump but their focus is large large jet trucks as best as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
      I never got around to visiting US Jetter, they are 10 miles from my house. The ones I've seen around town were not up to the quality of the Mongoose. Harben is a great pump but their focus is large large jet trucks as best as I know.
      You're correct. The quality of the finished product us jetting delivered to me sucks. But what do you expect for $42,000.

At that price they can afford to send out 2 replacement diesel tanks as the first tank and the replacement tank both leaked.

Or the first job I used it on, it wouldn't turn off. I had to shut off the fuel manually to kill it. But heck, they knew that from the factory before they shipped it and thought it would fix itself.

Or finding out the battery wasn't charging when operating with the $5,000 remote 8 function, that maxed out at 100' from the unit, but at times wouldnt give me 20' from the unit. After a full year of let downs and attempts to fix it, they threw in the towel and went back to their 3 function control. Not just mine, but all of their units with the 8 function remote.

How about going to the dmv to register the trailer and finding out the vin # was wrong, the after calling them and they did some research, all the vin # were wrong for that model year.

How about my 180 degree reel that wouldn't rotate 90 degrees without removing their sheet metal shroud and reworking the high presure hoses to clear the frame assy.

How about discovering that the large pump to engine mount that supports the pump and connects it to the engine, is cracked several inches long. Then being told by the owner to drill a hole in the crack to stop it from continuing to crack.

The rotating strobe that broke the first job I needed it on.

But then again what's $42,000 paid in full at delivery get you nowadays?

Like I said, you made a wise choice going with the mongoose.

Rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Holy smokes, that sucks. Shoot them an email and tell them you helped sway my decision and that I live down the street from them. That would be some sweet payback. Funny I had to drive around them to receive the Mongoose.

A 2 hour jet job today, earned it's 1st monthly p'ment already. Photos when I get time.

David

Comment

Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
          Holy smokes, that sucks. Shoot them an email and tell them you helped sway my decision and that I live down the street from them. That would be some sweet payback. Funny I had to drive around them to receive the Mongoose.

A 2 hour jet job today, earned it's 1st monthly p'ment already. Photos when I get time.

David
          Photos when you got time??? Not cool man,,,, camera phone,, image shrinker app, upload in a post, easy peasy nice and easy. Lol

Comment

I'll get them. Quite a few as I see a couple of minor areas that I will improve.

David

Comment

A couple of photos guys...................................... First the overall picture, then the important 2 photos.
              Attached Files

Comment

Some areas to improve, in my opinion. I can't stand the unprotected diesel and antifreeze view tubes. Those need a screen. The same for the nylon hoses, they need some rubber hose to help prevent chaffing. The drain valve wouldn't last a second if I backed into an object. Not sure what to do there yet.

David
                Attached Files

Comment

Good looking catapilar badge,,, I don't have one.
                  I don't mind the unprotected site tubes. We aren't in a war zone. So I wouldn't worry. But if you do think of something please share.
                  Cover up the mentioned tubes, maybe I'll follow suit.
                  If you break the drain spout, do you know a plumber that can fix it for a reasonable price?
                  Congratulations.

Comment

Is the catapilar badge a sticker or a plate?

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                      Is the catapilar badge a sticker or a plate?
                      It's a plate.

David

Comment

My 2" drain comes out the front at the tounge area and is close to the frame in the "A" area. I have a hose barb attached to the end allows me to plug into a 2" water pump that sits on the "A" frame. This lets me flood the area at approx 130 gpm to flush out drains or water a lawn fast.

Can you rework the plastic to a more protected location!

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

I will take a look at that idea Rick. Thanks.

Comment

Was able to complete 3 jets jobs today, what fun the big Mongoose is. 2 more on the books for tomorrow. I need to take some action pics and post them sometime.

David

Comment

Jetters bring in cash like you can't believe! Mine will sit in the yard then go out and make 5k in a week it just plain makes money and solves peoples problems. win / win.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                                You're correct. The quality of the finished product us jetting delivered to me sucks. But what do you expect for $42,000.

At that price they can afford to send out 2 replacement diesel tanks as the first tank and the replacement tank both leaked.

Or the first job I used it on, it wouldn't turn off. I had to shut off the fuel manually to kill it. But heck, they knew that from the factory before they shipped it and thought it would fix itself.

Or finding out the battery wasn't charging when operating with the $5,000 remote 8 function, that maxed out at 100' from the unit, but at times wouldnt give me 20' from the unit. After a full year of let downs and attempts to fix it, they threw in the towel and went back to their 3 function control. Not just mine, but all of their units with the 8 function remote.

How about going to the dmv to register the trailer and finding out the vin # was wrong, the after calling them and they did some research, all the vin # were wrong for that model year.

How about my 180 degree reel that wouldn't rotate 90 degrees without removing their sheet metal shroud and reworking the high presure hoses to clear the frame assy.

How about discovering that the large pump to engine mount that supports the pump and connects it to the engine, is cracked several inches long. Then being told by the owner to drill a hole in the crack to stop it from continuing to crack.

The rotating strobe that broke the first job I needed it on.

But then again what's $42,000 paid in full at delivery get you nowadays?

Like I said, you made a wise choice going with the mongoose.

Rick.

Rick you wouldn't be a little pisssed by any chance???????????
                                Amazing how they take the money but don't want to deliver the goods.
                                I think Aussie Bill has a little to do with that mob Rick. I wonder if he values his reputation??????????????

Comment

Working...
                                X