My new Mongoose jetter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
    Loving the jetter. Period. Another 6 jobs yesterday and today. All customers impressed with the good looking unit and it's power. Roots, grease, everything gives up when I crank up the rpm's. It is a pleasure to own such a well made toy.

David
    Now you can pull up to other guys with big pressure washers at stop lights and say " Hey, Barbie called and said she wants her jetter back " lol
    Seattle Drain Service

Comment

• Originally posted by Cuda View Post

Now you can pull up to other guys with big pressure washers at stop lights and say " Hey, Barbie called and said she wants her jetter back " lol

I was back at a regular customer today, a car dealership and there was a contractor pressure washing the cars. As I was leaving I drove past him and contemplated saying something like that.

Comment

• The salesman was correct, once you acquire a jetter you find ways to sell it's services. Five hours of jetting today with about 5 more scheduled tomorrow. I need to post some pictures.

David

Comment

• i was going to post the numbers on my jetter, but it would scare everyone into buying one. lets just say i can buy a new one every year if i needed to with the cashflow it generates. and remember i don't jet but about 1 day a week, sometimes 2. but when i do jet i sch. 3-5 jobs at a time.

Rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

• I posted my revenues a few yrs ago on my Seesnake camera purchase as I tracked how long it took to pay for itself. I probably won't post my jetter revenues.

David

Comment

• I will hit approximately 34 hrs in jetting hours tomorrow for the month of July. With potential for more this weekend. Is that good?

David

Comment

• 34 hours of running time for 3 weeks is a lot more than i do. considering most jetting jobs are under 1 hour and even less running time. i would say you're doing a lot of work or keeping your engine turned on a lot.

i have a digital tachometer that allows me to monitor everything from rpms, high rpms, engine run time, job time, maintenance reminders, it's great for dialing in my nozzles based on engine/ pump rpms.

remember that your pump should have the oil changed in the first 50 hours of operation. along with your engine. then you can jump to 250 hour intervals. also don't forget your filters and even your hydraulic reel oil and filter too.

keep on jetting and you'll be ready to sell it in 2 years and buy a fresh one.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

• That's 34 hours of invoice time. The hour meter is about 30 so far. I charge a 2 hr minimum so some of the job aren't a true reading of run time. Just luck and rain this month. Two customers with multi million dollar homes and storm drains backing up everywhere. Both will get billed about 14 hrs each.

David

Comment

• 14 hours each - wow! - must have been some big house.

Comment

• Done, revenue equal to purchase price. Eight months and 17 days.

David

Comment

• PLUMBER RICK
                        PLUMBER RICK commented
                        Editing a comment
                        see post 184.
                        good job.

Rick.

• Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
                      Done, revenue equal to purchase price. Eight months and 17 days.

David
                      Awesome job.

Comment

• Thanks guys. Yesterday's job saved a customer from a $36,000 sewer line repair. Or so the estimate was written.

David

Comment

• gear junkie
                          gear junkie commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Wow what happen? What's the story?

• Yea! What Ben said! Wuts the story dude!

Comment

• Long story but I will try. Got a camera/jetting call Friday, onsite I see where another plumber had been digging behind a house overlooking a lake. The house sewer line (4" ABS and 6" clay) connected to a county main about 15' underground. The problem was on a very steep hill, large trees, a massive pool and patio all close by and access limited to only a small excavator. The other plumber's drain machine failed to cut the worst root invasion my camera has ever seen, so they started digging with a small excavator. The estimate was $6000 or so the homeowner said. No room for dirt storage and too small of an excavator is a recipe for a wasted day or two. Apparently they had dug from the downhill side of the problem trying to get deep and failed. They had to fill the hole back in get their excavator out so a wasted effort. Their next estimate included removing some of the pool patio and neighbor's fence, 2 excavators and a price of $36,000.

An easy jetting/camera sell for me including I assured them no guaranty on success. Going downstream is a pain but there was no other option, besides the clock is running. It took about 2.5 hours of hammering the roots with a chisel and Warthog, watching the progress with the camera but we got it. I have no idea how a house can be functional with roots that bad, I need to post some pictures. We polished the clay pipe to like new conditions, only the slightest hint of roots showing at the joints. Showing the customer before and after results on a problem this severe will bring them to tears they are so relieved. They paid my 3.5 hour jet and camera invoice happily(and added a $100 bonus). They are scheduled for a camera followup a year from now.

I suspect that the 'other' plumber will be unhappy when he tries to schedule the dig job or invoice for the work that he didn't do. Gotta love the jetter. And the 'cable machine is all you need' plumbers would have waved the white flag on this job.

David

Comment

• The worst root jobs are the homes with sewers down the hill. By the time the sewer backs up, the roots 20'-50' lower in elevation have to be massive to hold back the head pressure.

we have a term for this with similar large systems. "The little old lady syndrome" Big house on top the hill and nobody but the little old lady living there now. She never uses enough water to fill the already root filled sewer system.

running a snake, is a recipe for a disaster with long downhill sewers. 2 weeks ago I bailed out a buddy who had his 7/8" cable with 120' of cable get away from him on flat ground just as the sewer opened. By the ttimeit stopped flowing from a10 unit building, the cable was 54' downstream. Needed my camera and 1.25'' retriever to grab the start of the cable. They were relieved to get it out and get it back. line needs to be jetted anyways.

Rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                            X