No announcement yet.

My new Mongoose jetter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was jetting 15' above and 20' behind the root problem and water was flowing back out through the cleanout. It was indeed massive. Let me try to post a photo. I think the sewage was escaping under the large root at the 2:00 position in the photo.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Roots 10-17-14.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	19061

Comment

• How long was the run of clay pipe?
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• About 8'. It was completely blocked.

Comment

• Sent you a pm Dhal
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            Sent you a pm Dhal

Thanks.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhal22 View Post
              I was jetting 15' above and 20' behind the root problem and water was flowing back out through the cleanout. It was indeed massive. Let me try to post a photo. I think the sewage was escaping under the large root at the 2:00 position in the photo.

Attachment
              Great story,,, now get Vaporooter to add to ur bag of tricks. That root can split that joint eventually, and most likely will,,,,,, when you cut it, it grows back stronger, but with Vaporooter it kills the root at the spot and beyond a couple inches.

Comment

• Playing with my new gopro and showing off my jetter.
                Watch "Mongoose 184" on YouTube
                Mongoose 184: http://youtu.be/z74IPyPBNx0

Comment

• Never knew jetting can be so musical.

Robert start using your 2" tigertail hose protector. Does 2 things. It protects the hose from the sharp bend/ lesding edge at the entry cleanout. But better yet, it helps direct the blowback up out of the drain and not back into the customers house and potentially out their toilet. Make sure go get it shoved down the c/o to the horizontal, and tie it off so not to fall to far in. Also a piece of 2" pvc hose works great too.

does your hydraulic reel have a bypass position so It can be reeled out without the hydraulic power supply running?

Rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

• Good stuff, thanks,, I will,, great tip
                    Yes on the hydraulic reel.

Comment

• Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                      Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

Good question, I was on the bubble between the two. I liked the mongoose Swivel reel better and I like how they hide all the hoses coming off the control panel in a panel.
                      And I felt more comfortable with mongoose 's confidence in their full remote where us jett pushes only a 2 way because of the drama in their 4 way.
                      I should also say I waxed it yesterday, and noticed along the way how well the fit and finish is. Sturdy hoses, welds, metal, nuts washers, and padded washers. The aluminum tool boxes(an upgrade) are very stout. Also the engine cover was a custom color, 237 extra I think... I'm very confident this will last a long time. I'm very happy with my choice. .
                      I do have some bad news though,,, I got my first scratch on it today. I tossed a hose out the truck to the side of it and dinged the paint. Sad day, see pic, not for faint of heart.

I would call mongoose and have them send you some touch up paint like you get for new cars
                      JERRYMAC
                      E-MAILJERRYMAC777@GMAIL.COM
                      CALIF. LIC. PLBG,HEAT,DRAINS,ELECTRIC,WATER HEATER, BOILER, POOL AND SPA HEATER
                      FIRE SPRINKLER CONTRACTOR,
                      SINCE JAN. 1989

Comment

• I found that paint a couple days ago cleaning my van

Comment

Working...
                        X