X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

You can't. Its a different head angles.

Look up the specs at stoneage.

Whats another ยง750.00 when you just spent 50k.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I know I can't with warthog, I asked about my RR, and it wasn't 50k,,, very close.. Lol, shipping tax and a 1/2 warthog, custom blue shroud, (240.00) etc. I'm stoked.
      Last edited by theplungerman; 10-19-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

The rootranger should unscrew from the front u bend. Not 100% sure if the threads are 1/4" npt or bst. But you just install a new rotor assy. Not just the guts.

Honestly, get a new rr already jetted with the proper orifice. I would go 10 gpm. 12 is already too much.

Or better yet get the dual barrel rr with dual 4.5 or 5.0 rotors. Covers more area and has tremendous power. Plus the head is a sharper spear for cutting.

I can let you test drive my nozzles and see what you like.maybe even let you try my secret weapon that's the bomb. Its the k-60 of nozzles.

Rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick, when I think of the dbrr I'm reminded of that time you got it stuck, that concerns me. But if a dbrr is cool in 4 inch then yeah I would for sure. But I could in theory just get a 10gpm rotor into the u bend, I'll spend the money, just don't like to If I don't have to. Your secret weapon sounds very interesting. I want to check it out. Thanks

Comment

Wait, Rick, Cuda, and anyone else.....Are you telling us that a 4,000 psi/18GPM jetter will not cut roots efficiently with anything that Warthog makes? Thanks.

Comment

Big thick tough roots the size of your finger take a long time many many passes, it will do it but how long pisses me off, I just leave the spots and continue on the rest of the line then when I get back to the beginning I switch over to the Big RR and go kill those spots.
              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

If I already know the footage based on a video. The root ranger will destroy everything you put behind it. But you need to know where or you're going to have to work the hose and nozzle.

Just like fishing, if you know the spot where the fish are, you'll reel in the catch of the day.

I was reading that only 6% of the line is in need of service. Lets clean the 6% and leave the 94% for another person to toy with.

Remember, jetters are going after the bigger fish. Bigger fish take bigger tackle and more time. We're the deadliest catch, not the weekend charter boat.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Cuda, do use dbrr or the single, and this 1/2inch hose I'm supposing

Comment

Jetter....what a waste on residential lines...... man up..... cable it & be done

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      Jetter....what a waste on residential lines...... man up..... cable it & be done
                      Cable this and be done. There was about 10 ft more of that 6inch under the alley to the city the h/o couldn't afford to dig up. I used my 6gpm and root ranger to fix him up. If I had this new jetter then I won't have had to dig.
                      Yes most times a cable run by the right operator can get it done. But when it can't I can and when the other plumbers can't, I can.
                      Smile
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                        Got a call the other day from a dumb-*** HO. Do you clear blocked sewers. Yes we can handle that. Can you give me a price. Of course I can, whats blocking the sewer. So then he tells me it was cleared about a month ago. Yep, the DA Plumber throws a cable down and wooosh, away she goes. SO then I push further and he tells me it is a shared drain and he is upstream, what we call a dual occupancy(they split the block and put two houses on it. Do you cable. Oh yeah we do but jetter is better(I am such a mime hey...). I told him to jet and camera so we can see whats going on. Oh no, that costs money, way more than the cableman. So I said, get the cableman then and call me again in a month. Dumb-*** thinks the cable is the answer. Try to help and you get ....................!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                          Cable this and be done. There was about 10 ft more of that 6inch under the alley to the city the h/o couldn't afford to dig up. I used my 6gpm and root ranger to fix him up. If I had this new jetter then I won't have had to dig.
                          Yes most times a cable run by the right operator can get it done. But when it can't I can and when the other plumbers can't, I can.
                          Smile
                          Hey PM if I could work out how to upload from my I-phone I could match this. Recently had a 6" main between chambers on the retic which, when they excavated they pulled over 50' of full bore roots out. Our property hadn't been occupied/tenanted for about 10yrs so the roots went crazy. Couldn't work out why the joint backed up when we were doing the fit-out. Saying this I referred to the water board as I am not allowed to enter their retic. They brought in their contractor with new jetter truck built for the smaller drains instead of the large Combo. Bang on the mark here Plungerman, gotta have a good operator. Let me just say if we used this MUPPET at the roundup downunder against Rick and you it would be a short contest for you two. And the water board think they have the best of the best. Oh I have to stop laughing sometime soon..........................!!!!

Moral of the story:- there are pros and there are pros but although we are similar we are definitely not the same. Back to the muppet, I couldn't do anything except watch and try not to choke laughing as it was not my truck. I reckon he would struggle to wash down his rubber boots.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                            Cuda, do use dbrr or the single, and this 1/2inch hose I'm supposing
                            I use the 1/2" single root ranger on 1/2" hose.
                            Seattle Drain Service

Comment

My 1/2" rr is jetted with a #12 nozzle. I found I can still get great results with 3/8" hose.

My double rr I also use with 3/8" hose.

You'll find that 1/2" hose is pretty stiff for your 4" cleanouts with changes of directions. Also 18 gpm is a lot of water if the line is plugged.

My secret weapon operates great at 12 gpm on 3/8" hose. It has not let me down in clearing a stoppage yet. Has lots of kills on its body.

Remember that these large trailers jetters were really designed for manhole operations. In 10 years of operating with large trailers. I've only seen a few manholes to work from. Most are drains not sitting right under the hydraulic reel.

3/8" hose is going to be your go to hose. Plus 1/2" is an expensive fix, replacement.

Rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks CM, we are a prideful lot. And when we are ignorant about something in which we think we are knowledgeable, well then.....
                                Hey Rick, has your patent come thru yet on your secret weapon yet?, I gotta see this.
                                It looks like I'll be on a Major branch line sewer reroute through a slab apt building job for 4 Apts on Tues when she comes in..... Got to go...... Smile

Comment

Working...
                                X