Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

It's official, she is home.
    A tow truck wrecker came out and dragged it off.
    I had to wash it,,,, Then spend the rest of the afternoon getting the insurance straight which I was told was fine last week from my broker,,,, then today as I'm waiting for it to show up,,, I get this unfortunately Robert but... Anyway I got that straighten out. Btw , she fits all the way in without the truck on the sidewalk, 3-4 ft to spare. Didn't even start it up, I'm to afraid, lol. Just got home, will figure it out tomorrow, gotta pay attention to the wife so she Dosn't get jealous.
    Attached Files

Comment

looks good Robert. but unless you want to give another $2570.00 to the city and state, you better get your 15,000# dmv stickers on your truck doors. trust me.

also if your dmv is as incompetent as mine, you'll need to go there a few times to get it registered. give you a hint. take a few photos and print them, and request a "special equipment plate" less hassle than a normal trailer plate. plus yours is special equipment.

hope you got the electric brakes and installed a brake controller. lots of new stuff to think about.

call me if you need more help.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks Rick,
        I have an appt to register next week and proof I tried to last week.
        They want that pic u speak of etc and proof of purchase, etc, thanks for the tip on the special equipment plate.
        Yes I have electric brakes and a controller already, did that at same time as my hitch install.

Comment

SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT..................!!!

You are so lucky to have the MASTER looking after you Plunger....................

BTW had to laugh about your motor registration guys. Over here had a mate buy a boat interstate. Went down to fix the rego and then they asked about the trailer. Oh yeah he said, can we do that too today. No sir, you will need to get online and schedule a new appointment. So what do I do now. Well sir you cant use it on our roads. So what about the boat. Are sir, that is your problem isn't it. Mind you this was not someone with local heritage who would of replied with the usual, "she'll be right mate" just drive straight home and plead ignorance if the wallopers pull you over. Amazing how cultural difference has an intelligence level attached to it here.
          Last edited by Cleanmen2; 10-24-2013, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
            Cable this and be done. There was about 10 ft more of that 6inch under the alley to the city the h/o couldn't afford to dig up. I used my 6gpm and root ranger to fix him up. If I had this new jetter then I won't have had to dig.
            Yes most times a cable run by the right operator can get it done. But when it can't I can and when the other plumbers can't, I can.
            Smile
            I have cleared hundreds of sewer lines like that with just a power rodder. I have had lines that had roots in every six inch diameter two foot clay joint for one hundred feet. I was able to clear the whole line from the three and a half inch stack clean out. My point is, power rodding works just as well as jetting. Heck back in the day before the root ranger and wart hog nozzles rodding was the only option for residential sewers from the stack clean outs. Rodding was the only option (back in the day) for clearing grease lines inside buildings since jetters were so large and high flow rates then were only good for municipal sewers. Even trailer jets back then did 1200 to 2000 PSI @ 30 to 40 GPM. It was not until the mid 1980's did the jetting manufactures have the insight to make jetters to do 1 1/2" to 6" residential drain and sewer lines.

BTW awesome choice in a trailer jet, I have been eyeballing a Mongoose jetter for some time.
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Hello Robert
              Dave Doyle here Im a newbie
              I have a sincere question for you,,,
              I know you must have done a lot of research before you chose this trailer jetter
              why did you choose the Mongoose instead of a US Jetter?
              I am in the market for a trailer jetter myself
              Please advise
              Dave Doyle
              Los Angeles

Comment

Originally posted by mistergato View Post
                Hello Robert
                Dave Doyle here Im a newbie
                I have a sincere question for you,,,
                I know you must have done a lot of research before you chose this trailer jetter
                why did you choose the Mongoose instead of a US Jetter?
                I am in the market for a trailer jetter myself
                Please advise
                Dave Doyle
                Los Angeles
                Good question, I was on the bubble between the two. I liked the mongoose Swivel reel better and I like how they hide all the hoses coming off the control panel in a panel.
                And I felt more comfortable with mongoose 's confidence in their full remote where us jett pushes only a 2 way because of the drama in their 4 way.
                I should also say I waxed it yesterday, and noticed along the way how well the fit and finish is. Sturdy hoses, welds, metal, nuts washers, and padded washers. The aluminum tool boxes(an upgrade) are very stout. Also the engine cover was a custom color, 237 extra I think... I'm very confident this will last a long time. I'm very happy with my choice. .
                I do have some bad news though,,, I got my first scratch on it today. I tossed a hose out the truck to the side of it and dinged the paint. Sad day, see pic, not for faint of heart.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by theplungerman; 10-24-2013, 11:37 PM.

Comment

It's not a scratch it's a battle wound in the sewer wars.
                  Seattle Drain Service

Comment

stay far far away from the us jetter unless you want to be lied to time after time by the owner of the company. glad to take your money and sell you junk that doesn't work. of course he claims im the only one experiencing the problem, but thousands upon thousands of dollars they spent to try to fix it, they gave up. not just on mine but all of them with remotes.

I could write a book on all the problems they sold me. from the diesel engine not shutting off, to the battery not charging, to the reel not swiveling the 180 degrees to the fancy remote that didn't work more than 100' and as little as 10' from the machine. how about the first 2 gas tanks that leaked from their welds. or the 3 weeks they had it with their mechanic and it came back just as bad as it was sent in.

a joke of a company from the owner down. heck, they didn't even have the vin# right and I had to correct them and every unit they built that year.

the only things that work right are the things I fixed myself. including replumbing hoses to clear body parts and make the reel swivel left and right.

the salesman steve wanted to buy the unit back, but the owner didn't. steve knew it was a lemon.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                      I have cleared hundreds of sewer lines like that with just a power rodder. I have had lines that had roots in every six inch diameter two foot clay joint for one hundred feet. I was able to clear the whole line from the three and a half inch stack clean out. My point is, power rodding works just as well as jetting. Heck back in the day before the root ranger and wart hog nozzles rodding was the only option for residential sewers from the stack clean outs. Rodding was the only option (back in the day) for clearing grease lines inside buildings since jetters were so large and high flow rates then were only good for municipal sewers. Even trailer jets back then did 1200 to 2000 PSI @ 30 to 40 GPM. It was not until the mid 1980's did the jetting manufactures have the insight to make jetters to do 1 1/2" to 6" residential drain and sewer lines.

BTW awesome choice in a trailer jet, I have been eyeballing a Mongoose jetter for some time.
                      SewerRatz, did you know that we now have electricity and running water. Yo can throw away the buckets and candles..........!!!!!hehehehehhehehehe

Seriously it is my humble opinion that the jetter is more efficient and less impact on the drain. Cables have been responsible for damaging the drains. Also the jetter gives us a clean inside to view wit the camera does it not....?????????//

Comment

There is no doubt a jetter does a better job. I have countless videos to prove it. Even before and after videos of my own work with a cable and with a jetter.

A cable will get a line open and draining. But it will not clean the pipe of all tbe roots. There's just not enough contact between the blade and the joint penetration of the root. Not to mention the smaller roots just fold away and won't get cut.

A jetter with the proper nozzle will blast the pipe and roots spotless and wash it away too.

Snakes are pretty much useless on area drains packed with mud and gravel. A jetter will easily break down the mud and wash it away with the gravel and debris.

No doubt about it, a jetter does a much more through job. But a jetter is not necessarily the go to equipment for every job.

Rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          stay far far away from the us jetter unless you want to be lied to time after time by the owner of the company. glad to take your money and sell you junk that doesn't work. of course he claims im the only one experiencing the problem, but thousands upon thousands of dollars they spent to try to fix it, they gave up. not just on mine but all of them with remotes.

I could write a book on all the problems they sold me. from the diesel engine not shutting off, to the battery not charging, to the reel not swiveling the 180 degrees to the fancy remote that didn't work more than 100' and as little as 10' from the machine. how about the first 2 gas tanks that leaked from their welds. or the 3 weeks they had it with their mechanic and it came back just as bad as it was sent in.

a joke of a company from the owner down. heck, they didn't even have the vin# right and I had to correct them and every unit they built that year.

the only things that work right are the things I fixed myself. including replumbing hoses to clear body parts and make the reel swivel left and right.

the salesman steve wanted to buy the unit back, but the owner didn't. steve knew it was a lemon.

rick.

Tell us how you really feel about your Jetter Rick!

Comment

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
                            SewerRatz, did you know that we now have electricity and running water. Yo can throw away the buckets and candles..........!!!!!hehehehehhehehehe

Seriously it is my humble opinion that the jetter is more efficient and less impact on the drain. Cables have been responsible for damaging the drains. Also the jetter gives us a clean inside to view wit the camera does it not....?????????//
                            If I had my way we would still be using all cast iron and galvanized for indoor drains and potable water.

I can clean a drain just as good as any jetter. and I have televised many of them drains I cleaned with my power rod. My father has been cleaning drains with rodders for 50+ years, and he will tell you the rod doesn't damage the drain pipe. If the pipe is in poor shape it will expose the issue, just like a jetter will as well.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Sorry my friend but I have to disagree. Galvanized for water....I think even quest was better then galvanized. You maybe able to clean a line as good as someone with a jetter but with more time, effort and difficulty required.
                              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

it's impossible to think that a blade will clean a line full of roots, mud, rocks and leafs. believe me, with the amount of camera, jetting and snaking, the proof is easily seen. a snake might attack large roots, but it's impossible to cut the little straglers. plus a snake has no flushing ability. forget about dirt , gravel, diatomaceous earth and everything else found in sewers and drains. city of la public works is almost all jetting and combo trucks. the rodders are left for emergencies and hand rodding easements.

rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X