Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    My 1/2" rootranger is a #12 jet. That's 12 gpm at 4000#.

I've used it with 3/8" hose with no noticeable drop in performance compared to 1/2". Plus 3/8" is lighter and more flexible.

Rick.
    Awesome, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
      Thanks, I thought because of the angle coming off the rr to be less than a warthog it would be less evasive. Because of the rr blowback I would be willing to go root rat to get rid of those stupid tiny hangers, if it would, I know 1 or 2 hangers is not a big deal, I just want the customer to see a perfectly clear pipe. The job I did today was perfect except ONE, I mean only ONE hanger. Bummer
      That's when you sell them RootX to kill off the stringers and go make money on the next job.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Rick,,,,
        Where do I purchase the Root Ranger?
        Dave Doyle

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
          That's when you sell them RootX to kill off the stringers and go make money on the next job.
          Good call, thanks.

Comment

That's when I cable with the 4"x6" expansion blades to clean it all up

Comment

Originally posted by mistergato View Post
              Rick,,,,
              Where do I purchase the Root Ranger?
              Dave Doyle
              Any ridgid dealer, Robert for rick

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                This is considered troll behavior. Though you did put a smile at the end so slack is in order. The question was getting rid of the 1 last teeny tiny stringer with a jetter nozzle.
                I've played the 4x6 expansion cutter blade, camera, make it perfect game and I can guarantee you and everyone its not a slam dunk to get 100% of all stringers I can also guarantee you for a perfect job,, a little luck is in order. Or a heck of alot more time.

Comment

Depends on the size of your jetter. I believe you have a 6 or 8 gpm machine? the normal ridgid rootranger is jetter for approx. 4.5 gpm at 4000# if I remember correctly.

if your specs are 6 or 8 gpm, you'll need to either swap rotors or get the larger unit from bill in Australia. either a double root ranger or larger single jet that's easy to turn.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Depends on the size of your jetter. I believe you have a 6 or 8 gpm machine? the normal ridgid rootranger is jetter for approx. 4.5 gpm at 4000# if I remember correctly.

if your specs are 6 or 8 gpm, you'll need to either swap rotors or get the larger unit from bill in Australia. either a double root ranger or larger single jet that's easy to turn.

rick.
                    Good clarification, my bad,, thanks. So I'm gonna swap my 3/8 rr rotor, since 10-12 gpm is the max for 3/8 hose what size rotor would u chose, 10gpm?

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                      The 4X6 eel expander will still leave a few hairs or "stringers". The last few 6" clay lines that I have opened with my cables and then followed with my camera, it has been a little hard to get a good look at the pipe due to slop clinging to the top of the pipe, even after flushing all the toilets multiple times and running a hose. To me, this would be another advantage of the jetter: the wash down of the pipe after cleaning to allow for better inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
                        A little caution from me; I use the rootranger only for huge tough roots that would take many passes with a warthog to clear, if a warthog takes off any of the pipe I would never take the root ranger to it because it will waste it faster than you can stop it. But I use the warthog for 80% of my work because the shape of the unit makes it not get stuck on Y's and large offsets. I have had the RR go backwards up a Y or a Santee and it was hell to get back.
                        Cuda I have been waiting for someone else to own up to that. I thought I had done something wrong but always a learning experience ................!!!!!

Comment

To me the rr is less harmfull as there is no banging carbide inserts rubbing on the pipes and a much steeper rear angle.

Some of the real old clay is softer with less glazing and that might flake a little surface scale, but more so with a warthog or a rootrat with cables or chain flails.

Pretty simple to mark your hoses so you can match your camera distances. Or run the camera in and pull it back to your live camera with the water off when you pull it to the camera mark. Either push the camera forward a few feet, or pull it back a good 10'. Jet and rotate back and forth a foot or so, then off and camera. Only takes a second or so in the right spot to blast the roots clean.

It would be nice to have a bullet proof camera, but with a rootranger, it might be impossible, especially with the sonde and spring.

Rick.
                          Rick you hit the spot again. I take it you haven't seen the new camera which is supposed to be wireless and is contained in the head of the jetter. Will try to find the link and post

Comment

Originally posted by Swade Plumbing View Post
                            The 4X6 eel expander will still leave a few hairs or "stringers". The last few 6" clay lines that I have opened with my cables and then followed with my camera, it has been a little hard to get a good look at the pipe due to slop clinging to the top of the pipe, even after flushing all the toilets multiple times and running a hose. To me, this would be another advantage of the jetter: the wash down of the pipe after cleaning to allow for better inspection.
                            Thank you on that. I'm going to follow redwood suggestion and get a root rat. They have an atatchment with wire rope, (looks like a star fish) that would get those few left over stringers.
                            With my new extra power my warthogs (like Cuda says) will do the bulk. But I'm an ocd kind of guy and I want to show the customers a perfectly clear line. I know that's what I would want to see. And yes you can explain a couple hairs here and there but still it's something that's not easy to digest.
                            Last edited by theplungerman; 10-31-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I got this waterproof pouch idea from Rick to protect remote. And mine floats.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Looks like mine too. But I'm more concerned about being waterproof than floating. If I ever get in head deep into my work, then I would think about it.

Hopefully you never need to test the floating thing. And it will protect against floaters.

Rick.
                                phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                                X