X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

I just can't trust that root rat.....after seeing the video of it going through concrete bricks easily.....there'd be no stopping it in clay pipe.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
      I just can't trust that root rat.....after seeing the video of it going through concrete bricks easily.....there'd be no stopping it in clay pipe.
      What ya mean it goes like this, "After our inspection we found you have root rats, you need the sewer replaced" lol
      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
        I think that video your speaking of might be misleading. If you look in the pipe you'll see the root rat being held up, or in this case maybe down with pipe when it gets to the concrete stepping stone. Which isn't the most studly concrete around. Your root ranger would do the same thing.
        After talking with John at jnw and the salesman at keg nozzels I pulled the trigger on this 100 percent satisfaction or your money back nozzel. It can be used without the skid and make 4inch 90's. He also told me after my concern of going from 4 to 6 I can put on a longer chain and go slower till I hit 6 inch.

Go to KEG Technologies | Industrial Pipe Cleaning, Inspection Systems, Spray Nozzles, Chain Cutters and Floor Cleaners. And at bottom of page click on chain cutter demo,, video is mean stuff.
        Had another jett job today that left 2 hangers.
        It can also be used without the skid and Swivel attachment, said it spins so fast it will pick itself off the pipe and center itself. And with the money back if not satisfied guarantee I went for it. Spendy though.
        My jobs will now be perfectly clear. The chain is like a go cart, motorcycle chain, not a bicycle chain. I feel confident it's a solid piece. Made in Germany I think.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by theplungerman; 11-01-2013, 03:15 AM.

Comment

Here is the thing on leaving a hanger, you have to realize the process the average jetter guy does: they run the line out slow then they pull the line back in then they hand a bill over for jetting no camera is done unless they can't get through something. On camera it would look pretty sad, people that use the camera and the jetter as one unit are very rare. A stragler .....easily explained I try to leave none but actually an offset pipe can shield some roots and there is really nothing you can do.
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
            I got this waterproof pouch idea from Rick to protect remote. And mine floats.
            Plunger can you pass this to Aussie Bill. You guys are spoilt rotten. Should see what Billy-boy offers us...............

Comment

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
              Here is the thing on leaving a hanger, you have to realize the process the average jetter guy does: they run the line out slow then they pull the line back in then they hand a bill over for jetting no camera is done unless they can't get through something. On camera it would look pretty sad, people that use the camera and the jetter as one unit are very rare. A stragler .....easily explained I try to leave none but actually an offset pipe can shield some roots and there is really nothing you can do.
              Cuda, AMEN. Like Rick you are hitting the right spot. Down here we try to sell the camera but they don't always want it. Getting a baby's bum clean drain is a big ask too. Perfect world, no problem. Working on someone else's drain, good luck..........!!!!

Comment

Robert, have you tried the root ranger on those stragglers? It will blast them away.

My fear on a chain is the damage it will do to clay pipe. Why not use the wire ropes like a weed wacker? I think its less agressive on the clay, but similar to a gardeners weed wacker.

Unless you can get the nozzle downstream to the 6" pipe, there's going to be excess chain whacking the 4" clay. Especially in the fittings where it gets tight to manuver.

You devinatly want a camera in there to monitor damage as you procede. My feeling is the damage is not worth the gain. Especially if you already made the line 95-99% better than before.

Rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Yeah I've done root ranger, and it's powerful, but I'm talking every single last one, and even the rr leaves hangers. And to be honest the blow back is big league for sure. With the skid and the chain just shy of the outside diameter it's safe. The call you made on going into 6 inch is a good one. I thank you very much for that. Even short of the od on 6 I'll still get a good weed Wacker thing going on. I didn't like how the root rat needed the star fish centering gig. And it's to heavy to lift up by itself to be centered. I feel good about this choice. I also think if these types of nozzels were bad news we would have heard about more about it. Instead of just conjecture. With that being said we know not every nozzel will perform for every application. I'm gonna put a new turbo in my 3/8 rr and get a 1/2 soon. But I'm trying a chain Wacker so don't try to stop me.

Comment

When I jet and de scale with the root rat I do a before and after DVD. I will not jet and not camera the line. For me they go hand in hand
                    Sent From The StoolBus

www.appletondrainandsewer.com

Appleton WI, 54915
                    1-920-284-7471

Comment

• Re: My new Mongoose jetter.

I love everyone's opinions on this, but remember the country has differant pipe, I have a mix of clay and concrete, others have never seen concrete, some have orengburg . Some have cleanouts at the curb and some have them only in the basement. Some have no cleanouts at all and use a closet flange. We all learn the pipe around our location and the best way to win. And we learn from everyone who contributes to the forum, heck one of the best things I have learned is using stupid dish soap to free a camera or a jetter or a snake etc.
                      Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Great talking to you Robert,,
                        Thanks for the insights on the Mongoose
                        David

Comment

My first restaurant line. 3 inch line kept backing up. Another plumber called me. Hooked up 1/2 to 3/8 reel inside. Remote, bam bam. Very cool. Big smile
                          Attached Files

Comment

Man I can't wait for mine. I just need to pull the trigger. The remote is such a great extra.

David

Comment

5 jetting jobs on Monday and 3 today/ Wednesday. not a bad gig.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by theplungerman View Post
                                My first restaurant line. 3 inch line kept backing up. Another plumber called me. Hooked up 1/2 to 3/8 reel inside. Remote, bam bam. Very cool. Big smile
                                Typical of the Irish. Did you check to see that they put the drains in right..............heheheeheheheheeee.
                                BTW where did you get your water from?????????? I take it you aren't allowed to play with the hydrant that is next to your Mongoose...........

Comment

Working...
                                X